M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to ride yesterday after rain took over the last three weekends. So I take about an hour ride and I started feeling dizzy so I stopped and when I got off the bike it seemed as though I just got off a merry-go round, I know this 109 is like a thrill ride but I was getting very worried about getting her home. Just thought it could be like motion sickness I will give it another try today after the day warms up

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I would maybe get  "bloods" done and blood pressure checked, just to be safe. Not a good thing getting dizzy on two wheels....esp if in traffic and you can't immediately get off to the roadside. Stay safe Ol Man!

G

·
It is a thrill ride everytime you blip that throttle. Seriously, though, I would not mess around with the dizziness. If it continues, I would get it looked at. Don't wait till it is too late.

G

·
ya by all means don't take a risk if you don't have to, there will be other days to ride. Not worth the risk, if everything checks out get a Buddy and just go for a few mile loop in a well known area with low traffic and try motion sickness tablets.

Take it slow and easy and I hope everything turns out :D
warm regards
hb

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I concur with the others, and without knowing ones medical hx it is hard to say what the underlying problem may be. A safe bet for U and your family would be to get this checked out. Being dizzy on a bike is not good and may impare your fine motor skills and judgements. I have heard of some guys that have their helmet chin straps a little too snug and due to their individual physical make up have inadvertently cut some blood flow off to their melon. :eek:

·
Registered
775 Posts
i agree; get checked out, bro; we don't need another story of a brother/sister going down. hope you just shoulda ate something before your ride. ( i have to sometimes)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
firecat said:
ya by all means don't take a risk if you don't have to, there will be other days to ride. Not worth the risk, if everything checks out get a Buddy and just go for a few mile loop in a well known area with low traffic and try motion sickness tablets.

Take it slow and easy and I hope everything turns out :D
warm regards
hb
Cat, I get dizzy just reading your descriptions of some of the whackiness you do on your bike 8)

the whole dirt bikin' the 9 thing made me go lie down! :joke: :joke:

As for your dizziness "Ole Man", don't hesitate on the visit to the MD brother. My grand dad did and discovered almost too late he had some serious issues going on with his blood flow. Doctor visits may suck, but if they keep you with us longer they are 100% worth it.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
the ole man said:
I finally got to ride yesterday after rain took over the last three weekends. So I take about an hour ride and I started feeling dizzy so I stopped and when I got off the bike it seemed as though I just got off a merry-go round, I know this 109 is like a thrill ride but I was getting very worried about getting her home. Just thought it could be like motion sickness I will give it another try today after the day warms up
Riding for an hour in extreme heat with no fluids can cause heat stroke, especially with a nice tight full face helmet on. Were you riding in extremely hot weather and not replenishing your fluids. The breeze, while your riding sometimes, will cause you not to notice sweat too much while you actually are sweating out lots of fluid. It happens down here in Florida all the time in the summer. Get a checkup "ole man" !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts