M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First lemme introduce myself I'm a newb to this particular bike forum , just bought my 07 109 yes the red one with a ton of mods including cobra staggered duals and come to find out Maine has BANNED ANY aftremarket exhaust you now have to have a "stock exhaust"
installed at the time of inspection or no sticker because of the NOISE created by aftermarket exaust.
The dealer made me sign a waiver acknowledging the law and stated that
due to a grandfather clause they have to by law give me a sticker but when it runs out I'm on my own WTF has this world come to screw em I'm riding sticker or not, the 109 rocks and as far as I'm concerned Maine can go suck a yuppy granola poop tasting egg and choke on it.
You guys chime in and tell me what you think of it, I'm pullin the baffles out right now

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I like your your attitude and welcome to the Forum! Fcuk all governments and these, green tree hugging homos!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
:congrats: on your 9 and :welcome: to the site.
You have the right idea. De-baffle it, that way your still looking stock.
RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
screw em

nope the stocker is a non issue I bought it with the cobra staggered duals and already had a city cop giving me the hairy eyeball for 2 miles LOL I waited till he turned off and before he was even out of sight I dropped 2 and pinned it , I know it was an ignorant thing to do but I just gotta be me, it's pretty sad when they outlaw something that prohibits creativity and personal expression, give these law makin bastrads an inch and we'll all be riding 10cc jap mopeds with garbage can exhausts just so we don't scare the minivan driving soccer moms yappin on their cell phones totally oblivious to "everything" around them :cus:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
:welcome: that why I kept my stock exhaust and bought another one, an modified it just case mass does the same but I will gut the pipe but leave the DOT stamp on it heard boston cops will ticket you if you don't have the stamp.
I live in mass hopefully we can meet up sometime an ride

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no joke bro I remember you from R-1 .com forums seems we gets around you n me LOL
I sold my charcoal tricked to the absolute max 07 R-1 back to the stealer and a week later some guy bought it for his 17 yr old, a week after that they had it back, what was left of it in milk crates, sad story was the 17 yr old didn't make it and succumbed to his injuries at the scene, I felt worse than horrible, kinda responsible for making it available for sale, mebbe if I waited a week to trade it in the opportunity wouldn't have presented itself and the kid would still be around but I warned the dad for over an hour don't do this for him if you love him and want to keep him around it's way too much for a first time rider but he bought it for him anyway,.
But never the less good seein ya bro, rocketgeezer!!!!

I like your your attitude and welcome to the Forum! Fcuk all governments and these, green tree hugging homos!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeh 4 sure I regularly go to upstate N.Y. on the Bike(s) whichever one I happen to have at the time but I think the 109 is here for awhile dude I'm diggin this bike ALOT had lotsa bikes none like this, really looking forward to unlocking it's potential in my own way, so far the bike is stock other than the pretty stuff but man third gear is over the top bro, I just got the gipro so pretty anxiuos to see where that goes, next step is pc111, block off plates and dual kuryakins, mebbe a crank breather, speedo healer, chrome wheels and other stuff but ya know how that goes 8)
but look a brother up me n a buddy are planning a frostbite foliage run here right off ,he rides a harley but he's good people so we won't hold that against him

:welcome: that why I kept my stock exhaust and bought another one, an modified it just case mass does the same but I will gut the pipe but leave the DOT stamp on it heard boston cops will ticket you if you don't have the stamp.
I live in mass hopefully we can meet up sometime an ride

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
welcome from milwaukee wis.

:congrats:And enjoy your new found torque.Nice attitude f the government de baffle, you then will be herd!!:doorag:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I think I like this guy's attitude!:bigthumbsup:

:welcome: &:congrats: Noob! I'm glad I live in NM where straightpipes are okie dokie!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
WOW dude that's sad, Ive never heard of anything like that. I'm in South Australia and the only thing we can't do is have a side mounted number plate. Don't get me wrong we also have laws on noise, but when you see a cop car just pull the clutch in hehehehe. Well mate good luck with what ya doing, stay upright :bigthumbsup:

Onnie

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum. :bigthumbsup:

That sucks but it looks like you might have a couple of options.

1. put the stock pipes back on for inspection purposes and then put your others back on.
2. Put the stockers back on and leave them. But if they are that harsh and you gut the stock pipes, they still might fail you as they have been modified. Just drill out the center with a hole saw. That way it is louder and they would not be the wiser.
3. Move out of that state to another one.

Hope to see you at the big meet in June and ride safe. :doorag:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I sold my charcoal tricked to the absolute max 07 R-1 back to the stealer and a week later some guy bought it for his 17 yr old, a week after that they had it back, what was left of it in milk crates, sad story was the 17 yr old didn't make it and succumbed to his injuries at the scene, I felt worse than horrible, kinda responsible for making it available for sale, mebbe if I waited a week to trade it in the opportunity wouldn't have presented itself and the kid would still be around but I warned the dad for over an hour don't do this for him if you love him and want to keep him around it's way too much for a first time rider but he bought it for him anyway,.
Wow, that's a hard story, at least you tried to talk some sense into the guy.
BTW, welcome to the site

·
Registered
423 Posts
:welcome:. And "F" the man making the :cop: go after us. I just put the same exhaust on my bike and crap they are loud, LOVE EM!!! I believe you are refering to the Cobra Dragsters.

I think I like this guy's attitude!:bigthumbsup:

:welcome: &:congrats: Noob! I'm glad I live in NM where straightpipes are okie dokie!:bigthumbsup:
Albuquerque was going after sport bikes for a bit with our last mayor. Pissed me off, pulled my brother over for "speeding" when his girlfriend was passing him in her car just as they saw the cop. Then proceeding to give him crap for an "aftermarket" exhaust when it WAS stock, and Harleys with straight pipes were riding by. Cop let him go in the end but what a DB. Thankfully they seem to have given up these days.

And EY3LESS I just noticed you are from Albuquerque. Maybe Ill see you around sometime. Black with Dragsters :bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
:welcome:. And "F" the man making the :cop: go after us. I just put the same exhaust on my bike and crap they are loud, LOVE EM!!! I believe you are refering to the Cobra Dragsters.

Albuquerque was going after sport bikes for a bit with our last mayor. Pissed me off, pulled my brother over for "speeding" when his girlfriend was passing him in her car just as they saw the cop. Then proceeding to give him crap for an "aftermarket" exhaust when it WAS stock, and Harleys with straight pipes were riding by. Cop let him go in the end but what a DB. Thankfully they seem to have given up these days.

And EY3LESS I just noticed you are from Albuquerque. Maybe Ill see you around sometime. Black with Dragsters :bigthumbsup:.
:2cool: What side of town ru on?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This state has gone totally to the freakin dogs in a major way hell in Freeport Maine which is home to LL Bean the local Micky D's resaturant can no longer use the PA to take your order due to the yuppy *** noise ordnance, I've seen empty 10 wheelers howlin down main street
wailin the jake brake belching diesel smoke and rattlin windows but nobody seems to have a problem with it but let a bike utter any audible engine noise and just watch the brain dead granola eatin tree hugger pukes rally en masse screaming for of all things noise restrictions on bikes,their problem is they have forgotten what it is to be free and couldn't deal with it even if somebody explained it to them, makes me want to drive up and pi$$ thru the mail slot in their front door and kick their foo foo rat dog poodle in the head on my way out :verymad:

Thanx millions for all the welcome words good to hear it

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
As far as the "new" law, decible restrictions have been on the books in most places all along but not enforced much. You really can't blame the cops because they're doing what they're told. The squeeky wheel gets the grease and police departments get lots of complaints about loud bikes. Smog check for motorcycles may be on the way too in CA (thank you tree huggers)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeh I feel your pain , the hell of it is if things keep on the way they are going we, as I stated earlier we will all be riding 10cc mopeds with garbage can exhausts, to hell with em every new rule they make I'm gonna cut 2" off the length of my exhaust and show em how bad it could be LOL

As far as the "new" law, decible restrictions have been on the books in most places all along but not enforced much. You really can't blame the cops because they're doing what they're told. The squeeky wheel gets the grease and police departments get lots of complaints about loud bikes. Smog check for motorcycles may be on the way too in CA (thank you tree huggers)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts