M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Insurance rates on new bikes are kind of guessing until they get statistics back on what's happened in the real world. Talked to my dealer yesterday. They've sold 25 109's so far and 12 of them have come back wrecked :eek: He says it's similar all over from what he's hearing.
BTW if anybody's still looking, they've got 4 blurples and a silver left. GCHonda.com-Mike Ratliff was my sales guy (I bet you could get them for $10,500-but don't tell him I said that)
And here's the story on the hit or miss sightings of 07's: He said the dealers that got 07's were drawn randomly from a computer, they didn't get any and would get to order them next week at a dealer show

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
actually he said most were experienced riders....and i'm a long ways from Florida :D

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yeah my local dealer has only sold 2 so far and one of them has come back totalled already (NOT mine!) It was a silver one. I saw the bike and it wasn't pretty, but it seemed like it was mostly cosmetic damage. Replacement parts for this bike are $$$$$$$$$$$
I hope that idiot didn't make MY insurance rates go up next year! :realmad:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
NYRIDER said:
My insurance is only $98 per year.
Thanks for the kick in the gut :joke: ;) .......................... mine is $580yr :confused:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Bonehead said:
Thanks for the kick in the gut :joke: ;) .......................... mine is $580yr :confused:
You aren't alone. I'm just below yours at $550 or so. I'm really curious to know what sort of coverage he's got for $98 a year. I'm betting it's a bare minimum, or he had a rider put on his homeowner's to cover liability only. I'm highly doubting he's got any decent coverage for collision or comprehensive at that rate.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am 34 and insurance on my M is 18.00/month and the Gix750 is 15.00 month. You have to respect the bike or you will lose control of it. That can be said about any vehicle, but I wouldn't suggest "just anyone" going out and buying an M.

ez

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine works out to about $25 a month, and my dealer showed me the wrecked 109 he had out back to warn me about the bike.

·
Registered
426 Posts
You're all lucky compared to me. I pay $890/yr here in Taxachussetts. So quit whinin' about 4 or 500 bucks. I wish the rates here were even close to yours.

·
Registered
330 Posts
chief2400 said:
I'm with American Family and it's $478 yr for me.
have the same insurance. i pay about 38 a month. im 32
and it has way better coverage than progressive quoted to me and i have been with them for 6years. well not anymore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts