M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
You have to run 80 in that part of Texas just to get somewhere civilized. Nothing but armadillos, tarantulas, and dust. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
No kidding, the article doesn't actually say it, but that 500+ miles of road is nothing BUT road.. Not a major town to speak of until you hit El Paso.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
we rode right at 700 miles 2 weeks ago and the bikes did great. the only problem one 109 had was a flat tire but I did learn from that and I am getting a compact 12 compressor and plug kit and it will be with me on those longer rides. we were out in the sticks so to speak but since it was a group ride we had people to go 15 miles to get a can of fix a flat and that worked until we hit the next town on our plan 25 miles away where we plugged the tire and it was good after that.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
silentrider said:
Sounds like Breaking down Half way anywhere would sux Big time :eek:
I wonder if a cell phone would even work? :confused:
Yes, Don't think there are any interstate corridors in Texas that aren't covered by at least 1 cell carrier now. But that would be a huge worry on a bike.. especially a :edit: :edit: or a :edit: :edit: :edit:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
there are still gas stations but few and far between. we would stop when we felt like stretching (corbin seat has been ordered) and get gas early so as not to push it. LOL. I still managed to get mid 30mpg running 90mph like that.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Do you guys run into any trouble getting 91,or higher octane gas in the little towns along the way?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I haven't yet. But you start finding a lot of higher ethanol percentage pumps if in agriculture country.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You have to drive at least 80mph going across Houston, unless you want to be a speed bump due to not keeping with the flow of traffic. Only times you don't go that fast is when it's bumper to bumper, then you better keep an eye out or you'll end up the middle of a cager sandwich.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have been living in Germany since 1981. Coming from Florida you might say it was a drastic change especially the weather but one advantage for sure is the "Autobahn" :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
lucky maybe but one thing that is evedent is that if you miss the gas stop out there your in real trouble. I just crossed Texas not long ago on i-10 and had a blast but there isnt anything out there but the heat and the dirt.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Mad Dog said:
I have been living in Germany since 1981. Coming from Florida you might say it was a drastic change especially the weather but one advantage for sure is the "Autobahn" :bigthumbsup:
hey Mad Dog, have you seen the new Ford Mustag commercial with the guy getting his new GT unloaded from the Cargo ship at the docks in Germany?

Inspector asks him, "Whats wrong, couldn't find a car in Germany that you liked?"

Guy says, "No, I couldn't find a speed limit in America that I liked!" 8)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts