M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was beautiful here in Oklahoma, and I had the choice to go ride my 9 or for the 2 of us to drive to Tulsa and see old friends we had not seen in over a year. Wisely I chose to drive the 2 hours to Tulsa so we could spend a few hours with our old friends. (Before anyone suggests I should have driven the 9 to Tulsa, Tina will not ride on the back of a motorcycle, something I owe her ex-boyfriend for.)

On the way back I let slip how I had thought of going riding instead of traveling to Tulsa.

Stopping at a McDonalds on the way home we saw a Big Dog 107 SS Chopper in the back of a truck and I had to walk over and check it out, saying it was really nice. On the road we saw some kind of Harley custom bike being hauled in a trailer down the turnpike and I commented on how beautiful it was.

Tina turned to me and said "you know, I think your 109 is a much more beautiful bike. And besides, if those bikes were so great, how come they were hauling them instead of riding them?"

Don't know why, just made me feel all warm inside. I think I'll keep her....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I have to agree, I was looking at more of a cruiser with her in mind, I thought a big cruiser may be a little more comfortable for longer rides. When we went to the dealership and she looked at all of the bikes she said she liked the looks of the 109 the best, and it was actually easier for her to get on and off of in the showroom. I tried not to let on that I was really wanting the 109, I figured we'd come home with a yamaha roadliner or something close to it. I ask her several times if she thought she'd be happy with the 109 and she wouldn't consider anything else we looked at. I think I got pretty lucky, I would have liked an all out cruiser, but not nearly as much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,515 Posts
Hmmm, I have been thinking of different mods to make my 109 a little more comfortable for the wife and the only response i get from her is "You better not DORK UP my Bike" Since she bought it for me it is in her name so it is technically her bike, lol. She doesn't want me do change anything on the bike. she loves it stock but i gotta make it mine and so far she has liked everything except the shield but that is only for cold weather or very long rides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Before anyone suggests I should have driven the 9 to Tulsa, Tina will not ride on the back of a motorcycle
that's why ya take 2 vehicles :p
 
G

·
Mine won't ride on the 109 only the Goldwing, but she likes how the 109 is evolving. She always says, "what the bike wants, the bike gets". Gotta love this woman.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
Late this summer I hadn't ridden in about a week. We got one good day of weather and I had to choose between cutting the grass or riding the 9. Of course I knew the grass had to be cut with all the rain and more on the way. I mentioned once to my wife about being bummed about not being able to ride. She instantly said you go ride, I'll cut the grass. Now that's a wife, and that's why we've been married for over 34 years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,864 Posts
jazzman said:
Late this summer I hadn't ridden in about a week. We got one good day of weather and I had to choose between cutting the grass or riding the 9. Of course I knew the grass had to be cut with all the rain and more on the way. I mentioned once to my wife about being bummed about not being able to ride. She instantly said you go ride, I'll cut the grass. Now that's a wife, and that's why we've been married for over 34 years.
You got a good woman there mate :#1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
A good wife(and that's the important part,good) makes the difference between heaven and hell.
Mine bought mine on Father's Day for me (my son rode it home and parked it in the garage).
December 5th makes it forty years 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
Dan Tanna said:
A good wife(and that's the important part,good) makes the difference between heaven and hell.
 Mine bought mine on Father's Day for me (my son rode it home and parked it in the garage).
December 5th makes it forty years 8)
Sounds like you've got a winner as well DT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
;) Having a supportive wife is essential to a mans well being. After 32 years she barely even winced when i brought home two new motorcycles in the last two years.

98 valk
03 cbr1100xx
109R

and of course her 1800 VTX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,864 Posts
raw_taz said:
Is anyones wife having issues with the passenger pegs, mine wants them lower and more forward a bit.
My son was getting a bit cramped up and melting his heel on the pipe. Not that you'd have that problem RT :D I looked at my options and after talking with Garry at Metcruze, he's made me a custom seat that's a bit higher and tapers for his legs. I haven't had him on to test it yet but it looks like it should help. Next is some custom pegs to give him a bigger foot print. No pun intended :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,466 Posts
longrider said:
;) Having a supportive wife is essential to a mans well being. After 32 years she barely even winced when i brought home two new motorcycles in the last two years.

98 valk
03 cbr1100xx
109R

and of course her 1800 VTX
Mine too !!!

They are definitely keepers !!! :hot: :hot: :hot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
I definately can't complain about my wife. The day I broke my ankle in July is the same day she ordered my 109. She said the only stipulation was she got to pick the color. Yes, she picked the blurple, which is fine by me, because my blurple beast is phenominal. I'm hoping to order her a new rear seat with a back rest so there is no chance of her sliding off the back when I decide I want to race a sporty on the road, or get out of the way of a cager who doesn't look where they are driving.

Now I'm trying to convince her to get a bike of her own. I recommended the motorcycle safety course for her (and my son), but she hasn't committed to anything yet. She is just as happy on the back (her words not mine).

I guess this is why we just celebrated our 18th anniversary. Not bad seeing as how we met May 12 after both of us just got out of boot camp, started dating in July of the same year and got married October 1st, All the while putting up with the military BS that goes with young recruits. She has followed me all over the world, stayed by me through deployments and war, and is still with me when I decided I wanted out of the military and became a cop in NYC.

So yeah, I think this one is a definate keeper.


Ron :cop: :doorag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
rammer1 said:
I definately can't complain about my wife. The day I broke my ankle in July is the same day she ordered my 109. She said the only stipulation was she got to pick the color. Yes, she picked the blurple, which is fine by me, because my blurple beast is phenominal. I'm hoping to order her a new rear seat with a back rest so there is no chance of her sliding off the back when I decide I want to race a sporty on the road, or get out of the way of a cager who doesn't look where they are driving.

Now I'm trying to convince her to get a bike of her own. I recommended the motorcycle safety course for her (and my son), but she hasn't committed to anything yet. She is just as happy on the back (her words not mine).Â

I guess this is why we just celebrated our 18th anniversary. Not bad seeing as how we met May 12 after both of us just got out of boot camp, started dating in July of the same year and got married October 1st, All the while putting up with the military BS that goes with young recruits. She has followed me all over the world, stayed by me through deployments and war, and is still with me when I decided I wanted out of the military and became a cop in NYC.

So yeah, I think this one is a definate keeper.

Ron  :cop: :doorag:
:bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
prozac123 said:
(Before anyone suggests I should have driven the 9 to Tulsa, Tina will not ride on the back of a motorcycle, something I owe her ex-boyfriend for.)
Believe I can almost 1 up ya. My Tina used to ride on the back as well, but it was me that convinced her she shouldn't do it any more and would enjoy riding on the front of her own ride more. :bigthumbsup: Also, she told me earlier (October?), "You know, maybe instead of buying stuff for each other for Christmas, we could just buy a bunch of stuff for the bikes?"

Gotta love them Tinas!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,044 Posts
If I read enough of these kinds of posts, my faith may start to thaw. Presently, have no need for a passenger seat. Don't want a need for a passenger seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
wildwolf said:
Believe I can almost 1 up ya. My Tina used to ride on the back as well, but it was me that convinced her she shouldn't do it any more and would enjoy riding on the front of her own ride more. :bigthumbsup: Also, she told me earlier (October?), "You know, maybe instead of buying stuff for each other for Christmas, we could just buy a bunch of stuff for the bikes?"

Gotta love them Tinas!
You gotta love that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
I had to go to a wedding.......I was driving.....so I stopped at the Suzuki shop..........she owed me....so she had to go in.....
I sat on the the only M109 they had........she said.....it makes you look fat.....mines black......I love her........

I havent put on the passenger seat yet
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top