M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My son called me today and told me about one of his riding buddies going down yesterday. Mike(my son) was right behind this guy, and a 6 or 8 point buck ran out of the woods. He thought he had won the battle and missed the deer, when all of a sudden, another one came flying out of the woods. He hit the deer in the hind quarter and it spun the deer around and he got an antler in the shoulder about 4 inches deep. Mike said he was scrambling to stay out of trouble and some how stayed up. The ambulance came and took the kid to the hospital. He broke a collar bone and had a little road rash and one ugly deer gore in his shoulder. Man, we're always looking for cars that might cause us harm, we forget about those animals sometime. Just be careful out there. I want the Ga Gang & everyone else to have a safe 2nd half of 2010.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. deer are plentiful around my neck of the woods also. Hope your sons buddy comes out ok. Good for him for being able to maintain w/o crashing.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
almost the same thing happened to one of my buddies about 6 weeks ago. in his case, the deer went between the front wheel and the frame of the bike. the rest of the deer slapped him on his left knee. he didnt wreck but he tore almost every ligament in his knee. he's already had one surgery and is expecting at least one more and maybe two. :dontknow:

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
When I was in Ohio and PA a month ago, I believe I saw more deer (dead and alive) than anytime in the past. I swear there must have been a dead deer for every mile of road I rode on..Amazing..

Time too let the hunters thin the herds instead of traffic!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
442 Posts
WOW! I hope he's alright. Keep us posted on how he's doing. Well done on your son...that had to be a very dicey situation at least.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Now that's a pretty wild story! :eek: Thanks for the reminder, Wolf.

Maybe one or both of those bucks will walk in front of one of my stands come hunting season! :bigthumbsup::doorag:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
When I was in Ohio and PA a month ago, I believe I saw more deer (dead and alive) than anytime in the past. I swear there must have been a dead deer for every mile of road I rode on..Amazing..

Time too let the hunters thin the herds instead of traffic!!!!!!!!!!
:agree: the hunters are slacking off...

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
they do play distration games, you have to force yourself not to focus on one deer as they usually have friends with them. And its not just the ones in front of you, they will run right into the side of you also (especially the yearlings)

break hard and tuck (sometimes they jump at the last second)

hope your friend has full recovery

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hope and prayers that all turns out well.And the hunters do all they can but the D.N.R can't get there numbers straight.:doh:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
a 6 or 8 point buck ran out of the woods. He thought he had won the battle and missed the deer, when all of a sudden, another one came flying out of the woods. He hit the deer in the hind quarter and it spun the deer around and he got an antler in the shoulder about 4 inches deep.
Well this is really weird.

My Gixxer friend came over tonight to drop off some video footage from Thursday night. Him and 4 other sportbikers met in Macon and went for a ride between 7pm - 8pm and a buck ran out in front of the lead biker and he broadsided it and went down. I actually have the film footage of it because my friend was riding behind him and was filming at the time.

The biker was taken away by ambulance. He did not suffer any broken bones and was wearing an armored jacket, gloves, fullface helmet, boots & jeans. The jacket & helmet saved him and the only road rash was a couple spots that burned through his jeans. However the antler did penetrate his jacket and gashed him pretty good.

Has this not been the year of biker accidents or what??? I swear to God it's been bad this year. Yeah not only do we have to look out for bad road sections, idiot cagers, loose gravel lets not forget about freaking Bambi for the love of God! :verymad:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Well this is really weird.

My Gixxer friend came over tonight to drop off some video footage from Thursday night. Him and 4 other sportbikers met in Macon and went for a ride between 7pm - 8pm and a buck ran out in front of the lead biker and he broadsided it and went down. I actually have the film footage of it because my friend was riding behind him and was filming at the time.

The biker was taken away by ambulance. He did not suffer any broken bones and was wearing an armored jacket, gloves, fullface helmet, boots & jeans. The jacket & helmet saved him and the only road rash was a couple spots that burned through his jeans. However the antler did penetrate his jacket and gashed him pretty good.

Has this not been the year of biker accidents or what??? I swear to God it's been bad this year. Yeah not only do we have to look out for bad road sections, idiot cagers, loose gravel lets not forget about freaking Bambi for the love of God! :verymad:
Geeezzzzz!! I thought hearing this once was crazy but twice in a very, very short amount of time is unbelievable!! Glad to hear he is OK.

I really like riding during the dusk part of the day but the more I hear these stories and when I start seeing more deer it really gets to me.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Geeezzzzz!! I thought hearing this once was crazy but twice in a very, very short amount of time is unbelievable!! Glad to hear he is OK.

I really like riding during the dusk part of the day but the more I hear these stories and when I start seeing more deer it really gets to me.
Yeah man I know. This time of year I guess the Bucks are on the hunt for them doe's. Gotta watch out for them.

I'm actually going do some sort of short video with this film footage. The guys is okay and he's also okay with the footage so it's all good. Man I'm big time riding AGATT now man. There's no going back to my unprotected riding days Bro. Just IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!

This guys was riding a 2008 Aprilla 1000 standard bike I guess.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Yeah man I know. This time of year I guess the Bucks are on the hunt for them doe's. Gotta watch out for them.

I'm actually going do some sort of short video with this film footage. The guys is okay and he's also okay with the footage so it's all good. Man I'm big time riding AGATT now man. There's no going back to my unprotected riding days Bro. Just IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!

This guys was riding a 2008 Aprilla 1000 standard bike I guess.
It's tough to throw on all that gear sometimes especially this time of year but I made a commitment to my wife and myself when I got the bike that I wouldn't ride without full gear even if I was just going up to the store and back.

·
Registered
550 Posts
We need to open up the hunting of deer. They are everywhere. I have a 109 in shop for a deer strike.He needs a front fender blue le,tank,complete headlight assembly, If any body knows of some parts pm me. These accidents are hard to aviod regardless of skill.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
That's what is so strange about all of this....the "rut" doesn't come in around this area til about Thanksgiving :dontknow:.
Wow really? That late down here in the South?

Looks like we got a problem with some Horny A$$ Bucks in Georgia then! :eek: Getting impaled by deer antlers is not on my "to do" list while on the bike at all.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts