M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys have any info on the 2 to 1 Yoshimura exhaust pipe mod? I have seen some vids of it but I have not found any info about what it takes to do it. I am wondering if I can just hack my stock pipes down and have them powder coated black to match. Please keep in mind my exhaust knowledge is limited so don't beat me up to bad about this question.

Also, does it sound good? The vid I saw had a lot of distortion in it.

Thanks

·
Registered
624 Posts
Do any of you guys have any info on the 2 to 1 Yoshimura exhaust pipe mod? I have seen some vids of it but I have not found any info about what it takes to do it. I am wondering if I can just hack my stock pipes down and have them powder coated black to match. Please keep in mind my exhaust knowledge is limited so don't beat me up to bad about this question.

Also, does it sound good? The vid I saw had a lot of distortion in it.

Thanks
View attachment 27162 View attachment 27163

Is this what you are after???
Very easy mod, just cut your standard exhaust just in front of the cat converter where the two front pipes come together which forms the collector, weld a length of either 2 1/2 or 3 inch pipe the length you want and then attach the muffler of your choice, it is an awesome sound and makes good HP. With the K+N pods exhaust PC3 and a Dyno session the bike made 124 at the wheel.
Hope this helps.

Terry..

·
Registered
877 Posts
i really really want the sportbike can on mine,dont have/know any shops that would want 2 do it...i like the carbon fiber:drool:

G

·
Spawn never answered my emails.

Send FattAss a PM. He is a custom pipe bender, but even he said you're not gonna get much better flow than stock headpipes. However, when I get the money, I am going to look into it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I would think you could get a lot better flow than the stock head pipes. They are so small compared to some of the aftermarket stuff out there. I am not a professional though.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Smaller headpipes give you more low-end power and torque, but restrict the top-end. This is because of higher velocity in the smaller diameter pipe.

On the other hand, larger diameter headpipes take away some low-end power, but you get more top-end power. The loss of low-end is due to reduced velocity in the larger pipes. But there is less restriction at high-end.

Its all a trade-off, where you want your power to be, low-end or top-end.:dontknow:

G

·
I would think you could get a lot better flow than the stock head pipes. They are so small compared to some of the aftermarket stuff out there. I am not a professional though.
He's not the first guy that told me that. Apparently, our problem on these bike is the huge mufflers and their restriction. Again, it's almost like the oil discussion, it's opinion unless you got a dyno.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ive met the man behind the pipes and he's is switched on, makes a quality product and uses great stock.

If your serious, chase him down. I also know he sold his 109 and know where it is now. So if your in the Sydney area, let me know and Ill pass the location on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ive met the man behind the pipes and he's is switched on, makes a quality product and uses great stock.

If your serious, chase him down. I also know he sold his 109 and know where it is now. So if your in the Sydney area, let me know and Ill pass the location on.
Oh, a CBR 954 RR muffler is said to be the best!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts