1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I'm in need of saddlebags for an upcoming trip. I can't afford to do the Corbin's just yet (which are my eventual goal), so I was looking for something cheap that would hold my crap, and not look totally horrible on the bike.

I was looking at these today:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JM-M...4298584QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

And was wondering if anyone knows anything about them.
you might want to make sure you get all the parts so look here first
www.mutazu.com it will show them on the bike

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
For under 200 bucks you could have this set up

Can you (or anyone else) let me know what type of bags are those? They look big and wide and they aren't sinking in and rubbing on the back tire. How? :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Those are tour master cortech's I believe.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm in need of saddlebags for an upcoming trip. I can't afford to do the Corbin's just yet (which are my eventual goal), so I was looking for something cheap that would hold my crap, and not look totally horrible on the bike.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JM-M...4298584QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I have much the same idea regarding saddle bags - looking for a combination of good looks and low cost

I'd suggest caution with the product indicated in the post above - the design and location of the lid hinge looks to me as if they'll fill with water at the 1st outing in the rain - check out the large pix on the eBay page - may be worth interrogating the supplier on that point - also check the design of other saddle bags and note the diff

Happy to be corrected by someone with actual experience of the product - but am now very wary of cheap stuff on eBay - now being flooded with cheap exports from u-no-where

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
No side supports needed! I have the same setup. They don't even come close to hitting the tire. The top bag clicks into the side saddle bags keeping everything high and tight. The bags also have straps that attach to your rear foot pegs. These bags don't move or shift at all when they are set up. Great bags and I like the look over leather ones.

It looks like he has these fully extended too. You can make them smaller by zipping them up. Kind of like a suitcase that has a 1 or 2 inch expansion section.

It has a neoprene protective layer where the bags touch the bike. No problems and I have about 800 miles of use with mine. I would buy them again!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
No side supports needed! I have the same setup. They don't even come close to hitting the tire. The top bag clicks into the side saddle bags keeping everything high and tight. The bags also have straps that attach to your rear foot pegs. These bags don't move or shift at all when they are set up. Great bags and I like the look over leather ones.

It looks like he has these fully extended too. You can make them smaller by zipping them up. Kind of like a suitcase that has a 1 or 2 inch expansion section.

It has a neoprene protective layer where the bags touch the bike. No problems and I have about 800 miles of use with mine. I would buy them again!
I will vouch for this statement, I followed STLTGR to Indianapolis from STL and his bags never moved. IMO they are the best looking soft bags for the 109 and fit it really nicely. You can't hardly beat that price either. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
735 Posts
saddlebags

Try looking at the set from Dowco ironrider, not sure how much they are but they can be installed quick.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Dowco ironrider

I just jumped up to there website and they have the quick install saddlebags for $170.95 check them out

·
Registered
596 Posts
NukeBlade or STL-TIGER,
I really like the look of those soft bags. I have a couple of additional questions though. I looked on Cortech's website, but it was not obvious to me which bags those are. Are they the Cortech Sport?
Also, I am looking for a set of bags that would work for riding two up. Can these mount under the passenger seat? If not, are they terribly uncomfortable to sit on the straps (although I assume you have not experienced that yourself)? Lastly, if the center bag is not snapped between the saddle bags, do the saddle bags still stay tightly in place?

This has to be the most useful site on the internet!

Russell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts