M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
NOT MUCH?! What the "F" are you talking about?! It's perfect… Stop there any more and it will look too busy. I LIKE IT!!! You did a great job. Can you give a break down of the job? What lights you used? How many? And how you placed them? I would love to do this with my bike but in Purple…
Be proud of yourself, she looks beautiful!!!
:congrats:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That looks pretty sweet bro... I wouldn't add anymore either!!

At the :51 mark in the video, the LED's under the chrome speedo housing looks like a gator with red eyes and a BIG red smile!! Awesome!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wudz and Beibl: I just went to Autozone and bought 4 sets of 24" Flexible LED strip(same as Joe Florida) and 1 8" set. I mounted the 24" strips at the rear fender struts, under the tank, under the chrome trim and along the frame. The 8" set I used under the front fender and that's it. I just installed a switch on the left side panel next to my garage door switch. I then ran two wires and split the ends into four with butt connectors so that I can take the tank off with out messing with the leds wires. That's it. went on the cheap and easy way that I know how. Didn't really need or want a remote or changing color lites...

Thanks for the compliments guys....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Are the strips self adhesive ? Did you bolt them on?:dontknow:

·
Registered
263 Posts
It does look awsome, although I think the knight-rider led for under your cowl would finish it off perfectly.

·
Registered
940 Posts
That does look good, I'm thinking about doing purple on mine. Do you just have one fuse and hot wire for all of them? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are the strips self adhesive ? Did you bolt them on?:dontknow:
The Strips are self adhesive. just peel and stick

Great job tigs.:bigthumbsup:
thanks

That does look good, I'm thinking about doing purple on mine. Do you just have one fuse and hot wire for all of them? :bigthumbsup:
I used an inline fuse and a distribution block that I found just laying around in the garage.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
NOT MUCH?! What the "F" are you talking about?! It's perfect… Stop there any more and it will look too busy. I LIKE IT!!! You did a great job. Can you give a break down of the job? What lights you used? How many? And how you placed them? I would love to do this with my bike but in Purple…
Be proud of yourself, she looks beautiful!!!
:congrats:
keep in mind that purple is the least brightest color of all the led's and in order to achieve the same lighting effect as some of the other colors (such as blue, red, and green) it takes 3-4 times the amount of lights which can also mean spending 3-4 times as much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts