M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished installing a 109 rim with 240 tire today! Feels great and feel more comfortable :D.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have been trying to work on doing the same but its been a nightmare so far. I had the dealer tell me its not possible, and I have had no luck finding a 240 rim so far. Any tips/advice?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I and pretty sure a few other people on this site can assure you the 109 rim will fit the 90, and comes stock! I did most of the installation by my self, but had to have some help in some areas. Just need to make sure and use the 109 bearings and spacers.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have been trying to work on doing the same but its been a nightmare so far. I had the dealer tell me its not possible, and I have had no luck finding a 240 rim so far. Any tips/advice?
Yeah...the service manager at the dealership told me the same thing and hmmm...I proved him wrong with him telling me "I guess it does fit."

The best place to get your rim would be the 4-Sale by Owner section.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yeah...the service manager at the dealership told me the same thing and hmmm...I proved him wrong with him telling me "I guess it does fit."

The best place to get your rim would be the 4-Sale by Owner section.
do u have 2 do any mods or is it r&r straight fit,and also is front rim same or is 9s taller/wider???always wondered that...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was thinking from what I have read on here that it was a straight bolt on assuming that you had all of the 109 bearings and spacers. I will post something in the 4 sale section as well.. thanks.

Doesnt help when the guy I talked to at the dealership was a :edit:..

So much for customer service. You would thought I asked him to put on a truck tire. Unfort I am heading there thurs for my 600 miler..

Unfort I am kinda limited on facilities to do much myself...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
do u have 2 do any mods or is it r&r straight fit,and also is front rim same or is 9s taller/wider???always wondered that...:bigthumbsup:
It's a straight fit, you just need the M109 spacers and bearings. The front rim for the M109 will not fit on the M90 though...too wide.

·
Registered
143 Posts
M109 Front rim

I have put the m109 front rim on my 90 , went straight on , i had it on there for weeks while i polished my 90 rim they are the same size

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have put the m109 front rim on my 90 , went straight on , i had it on there for weeks while i polished my 90 rim they are the same size
so what have you taken your 250 off then

·
Registered
743 Posts
I was thinking from what I have read on here that it was a straight bolt on assuming that you had all of the 109 bearings and spacers. I will post something in the 4 sale section as well.. thanks.

Doesnt help when the guy I talked to at the dealership was a :edit:..

So much for customer service. You would thought I asked him to put on a truck tire. Unfort I am heading there thurs for my 600 miler..

Unfort I am kinda limited on facilities to do much myself...
hi a word of advice if you do put the 240 rim on and you have to take the bike in for something take that 240 off if the dealer has told you it wont fit but it really does they will not stick up for you like my dealer they told me when i asked about modifying my bike that they would stick up for me because they expect you to change your bike when really you have a problem they say they cant do anything because you changed your bike and then they take secret photos of what has been changed their all pricks just after your money

·
Registered
143 Posts
so what have you taken your 250 off then
I Polished my m90 original front rim , While I had it off polishing it I put a rim and tyre off the 109 on for a few weeks- worked fine

By the way I had to buy a new rear tyre so I got a 240 , They want an extra $110 for a 250 , so 10mm aint worth that :'(

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't suppose you have any pictures with the 109's front rim :D?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FINE! :p I'm not a great shot for pictures so I dont know a good angle to get the most out of the wheel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The hardest part was getting the crush bushings out and back in. PITA. Otherwise, its awesome, and people will stop and stare at the wheel when you're parked. I love the look, but it changes the handling for sure. You get used to it though. I keep looking at my progress on the chicken strips.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts