M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got yana shiki 2 in bones. i understand the nuts & bolts of taking them off. i need to know if you use stock bushings & bearings? do not have stock bones off yet. also went with me880 front & rear 160 / 260 can't wait to install everything.thanks 4 any replies:confused:

·
Registered
838 Posts
I got the same ones. Bearings from the stock do not fit. Trust me I tried. Just grease the holes nice and good. Thousands of miles on mine and no problems.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lowering Bones

I have the same 2" bones and no the stock bushings do not fit. Have not had an issue with mine and they have been on there for over 2 years now. Expect about a 2 1/2" drop with the Yana bones.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
Same here, just grease the bolts that goes through them and the openings in them good and bolt them on. I've had mine on for most of 3 years and have checked them and there's not enough wear to tell they have loosened at all. They don't move that much.

Put grease on any outside faces that contact another part of the suspension or part of the bike, such as the lower ends where they sit inside the box on the frame too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts