M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Service Tech talked me into trying this out. Only need 1oz per 10 gal. gas. I have read about some using Sea Foam. (He said sea foam could hurt the engine) But he thinks this is much better for reducing carbon deposits. ? is it good stuff or just snake oil. $24.00 for 12 oz.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ringfree

I use ringfree in my yamaha outboard every time i put gas in. The break in period when you use double oil in gas kept cloging the o2 sensor. After taking in to have sensor cleaned 2x the shop said to use ringfree. Have not had a problem since! You might want to take a look at yamaha web site. I dont think ringfree is made for 4 stroke motors.I think its desinged for 2 stroke premix or oil injected motors.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,078 Posts
I've used Seafoam for years and never had a problem with carbon buildup. I add an ounce or two to every other tank of fuel. It sounds like the Yamalube stuff works about the same way, but costs a lot more. Seafoam recommends changing the oil and filter too if you do their version of the "shock treatment" on an engine.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input Guy's ;) My rear plugs had fouled out and I hope the treatment will keep this from happening again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts