M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yeah, you can definitely see the Raider-Warrior influence in this bike. Not bad, but I still like the lines of Honda's Fury better. Was actually considering a Fury 'till I seen my first 9. Yamaha does put great build-quality in their bikes.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was at the Honda/Yamaha dealer today but did not see a Stryker. They do have a Fury there, I have NEVER seen it as a comparable to the Raider. I guess this would be closer. Stryker is water cooled so must be from a different engine family, tho it does have the Raider look.

I'm an old Honda guy, I think they dropped the ball on the Fury. Maybe it is what people want, but not me.

Think this is a dig on the Fury, from the specs on the Stryker on Star site:

No cheap plastic fenders here – this authentic cruiser has the real steel fenders customizers love. Classic belt drive, too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If I had a choice for a mid sized cruiser I would probably go with the m-90. I personally don't like the fury at all, and the yamaha's are just to cookie cutter for me they look like a customized harley.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Cool video although the announcer made shaft drives seem like a bad thing, I always thought they were good, and still do :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
not a big fan of yamaha, and even less of a fan of the fury. I have been a Honda man for many years and love my 2005 vtx. I looked at alot of bikes in the past year and none of the new bikes realy caught my eye except the 109, couldnt afford a new one as long as I still had the vtx, and I was'nt ready to get rid of it so I went with a great deal on a used 07 m109r LE. stopping production of the vtx was a huge mistake for honde and the fury and interstate are sad replacements. there are still a few new vtx models left at some dealers, you should have your wife look at one of those, great bike and they are making some great deals on new/old stock View attachment 24669

·
Registered
927 Posts
Cool video although the announcer made shaft drives seem like a bad thing, I always thought they were good, and still do :)
:agree: especially when their baddest "cruiser" uses a shaft drive.....go figure lol:dontknow:

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Downsized Raider. What's interesting is the liquid cooled motor. Wonder what power is compared to air cooled Raider. Priced to compete with fury maybe? More like M90 competition. Fury is tiny in my opinion, when I sat on it was surprising compared to M109R. Other Honda makeovers, Interstate looked better than fury. They should have kept Vtx with others as custom options. Still haven't seen any I'd have over M109R under say 30,000.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I bought a 9 because It was the best looking to me , but if honda would have done a little more home work and slapped there designers in the back of their heads and told them to put a 250 rear tire on it and cram a 1800 vtx motor in that thing (fury) . by the way they dont even offer the 1800 this year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts