M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my motorcyclist mag. the other day and I noticed the Yamaha Raider ad on the back of the mag. That is one handsome bike. I have no intentions of buying one, but I do like the look of it. I tried looking up the HP numbers but I couldnt find any. It does have a bigger motor than the 9, but that doesnt automatically equate to more power.

Anyone know more about them?

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
there are some guys on here that have those as well as there 9s, i think as far as numbers go they make more trq but less hp........i think and dont know real numbers just what i have herd.

·
Registered
33 Posts
just bought my 9 today. the guy who sold me me the 9 just bought one from the show room today as well. it is a gorgeous bike. if i wasn't buying the 9 i would buy that bike. all blacked out with pin stripping.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
$14,790 (Raven) Available from February 2010
$14,990 (Deep Blue) Available from September 2009; CA model February 2010

Engine
Type 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled V-twin OHV, 4 valves/cylinder

Bore x Stroke 100.0 x 118.0mm

Compression Ratio 9.48:1

Fuel Delivery Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection; throttle position sensor

Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition

Transmission 5-speed,multiplate wet clutch

Final Drive Belt

Chassis
Frame Double cradle

Suspension/Front Telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel

Suspension/Rear Swingarm; 3.5-in travel

Brakes/Front Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm

Brakes/Rear Hydraulic disc, 310mm

Tires/Front 120/70-21

Tires/Rear 210/40R-18

Wheels 5-spoke cast

Dimensions
Length 101.2 in

Width 36.4 in

Height 45.9 in

Seat Height 27.4 in

Wheelbase 70.9 in

Fuel Capacity 4.1 gal

Fuel Economy** 42 mpg

Wet Weight*** 730 lb

Other
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)

·
Registered
687 Posts
got both. 9 is faster. raider much better bike, perfect outta the box. power smooth. pulls hard.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hear with what your saying, Great looking bike but not as versitile as our 9s are. I was pricing one out before I bought my 9, and it was almost 20 grand (tor. ont. Canada). My 9 was 12,500. brand new.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I'd buy one used one day maybe for fun. The black one looks really sweet!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
From memory....Raider has more torque less horse power then the nine and it isn't much behind in performance....as for the price,you get what you pay for...Yamaha has far superior fit and finish and quality parts then Suzuki,not that I'm not happy with the value of my 109...I got what i paid for. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Midway in Thomasville has the Raider for $14200.00 with the upgrade package. Still more than my nine cost. It does sit well and the the fit and finish is very good. Did not get a chance to ride one yet.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Hey dude I still drool over the pic of the MT-01 on your posts, do you still own one?
I don't ride it anymore as its now in my brothers hands, I hope to swap him with my 9 for a few weeks that would be a lot of fun... its a GREAT bike.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
If I remember right the Raider has a strangle hold on the AMA Cruiser class drags. I think it is Patrick Racing. They admitted to something like 150 lb/ft way down low and not so much HP. Said the bike is a rocket out of the hole and everyone has to play catch up.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Almost bought a Raider when I picked up the 9, was always a fan of the Warrior and they kicked it up with the Raider. In the end it came down to price anrd the 9 won buy about 4 grand.

·
Registered
268 Posts
price and looks the 9 wins :D I checked out the raider when i was shopping for a bike. im glad i went with my nine. it definitely gets more looks. the other day z4 and i was up at alices (local motorcycle hotspot) when we parked i was flanked by 2 harley v-rods and a few bikes over was the raider. I couldnt stop grinning every time a new pack of folks rolls in and surounds my bike. i dont know if im bias but it seems like a lot of other bikes get over looked when im near them. my bike is stock! :doorag: Love the twins bike is my idol..

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
price and looks the 9 wins :D I checked out the raider when i was shopping for a bike. im glad i went with my nine. it definitely gets more looks. the other day z4 and i was up at alices (local motorcycle hotspot) when we parked i was flanked by 2 harley v-rods and a few bikes over was the raider. I couldnt stop grinning every time a new pack of folks rolls in and surounds my bike. i dont know if im bias but it seems like a lot of other bikes get over looked when im near them. my bike is stock! :doorag: Love the twins bike is my idol..
:agree:most other bikes are a dime a dozen(as far as style goes), the 9 truly stands out aganst the sea of the same ol bike. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
508 Posts
The Raider was on my short list of bikes when I was making my decision.
I bought the 109 simply because I thought it was a better looking bike.:bigthumbsup:
Its still high up on my list though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts