M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the corner gas station Saturday afternoon when I turn around and I'm nose to nose with a young man wearing baggy jeans down around his butt, an oversized hooded sweat shirt, and a "doo rag" on his head who looks me square in the eyes and says with perfect diction, "Excuse me sir, what year is your motorcycle?"

I reply its a 2006 and he quickly turns to his friends and says "I told you, its a 2006 Harley!" No, I reply, its a Suzuki. This was greeted with a "What?" from all of them.

I am at the counter getting ready to check out when I notice about six or seven guys crowded around the bike outside, close to it but all being careful not to touch it. I stepped out of line and walked outside and proceeded to answer questions for a couple of minutes about the bike, and then pointed out the changes I had made which they all agreed they would do too WHEN they own one! "I gots to get me one of them!" was the refrain that stands out most in my mind.

Several of them pointed out the headlight cowling, one of them saying "Man, I saw that from a mile away!"

I walked back inside and the lady running the check out counter said "Boys and their toys..."

I love this bike!!

G

·
Lol, good story man. Tomorrow night I have a meeting with fellow American Legion and Patriot Guard riders, and I'm the youngest at 34. I can only imagine what these guys are going to say about the 9, lol.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, where are you at in OK? Good show riding with the Patriot Guard, I wish I could get away to do that.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet. Iif ya get a chance take the Talimena skyline drive down in the southeast corner of Oklahoma. Basically it follows the tops of the Kiamichi Mountains in the Ouachita National Forest in Southeastern Oklahoma and Southwestern Arkansas.

Starts at Mena Arkansas and goes about 54 miles to Talihini in Oklahoma. Should be beautiful this time of year as the leaves are changing. My grandfather used to drive us down there this time every year...

·
Registered
765 Posts
On the PGR missions I've done most of the bikes are HD's. A lot of them look the bike over but most won't talk to you about the bike.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sboden said:
On the PGR missions I've done most of the bikes are HD's. A lot of them look the bike over but most won't talk to you about the bike.
Yeah, stopped at a gas station a few months ago and two harley riders were at the pumps. The turned to look at me long enough to know it wasnt a harley then turned their backs on me. I walked inside the station and when I came back out one of them was over at my bike describing details of it back to the other. When he saw me walk out he walked away from my bike like it wasnt there.

I had the last laugh. The chick on the back of his bike kept looking at me and giving me a really nice smile as they were getting ready to leave and even as they were pulling out of the parking lot she was looking back.

G

·
sboden said:
In our chapter there are two Hardly Davidsons, but the guy who signed me up assured me they don't and won't act that way. If they do, we can take it to the street and run from light to light, then come back in and talk shop, lol.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Everybody loves the bike, and a bunch of my HD buddies wants one for a second bike (they will probably retire their investment or sell
them because it's more fun riding the 109 and saying to themselves, I better sell the expensive old tech HD before they become obsolete  :D)

·
Registered
108 Posts
"In our chapter there are two Hardly Davidsons" - QUOTE.

If we wanna get mean and spiteful Down Under, we refer to them as "Hardly Able Sons"..

Then we blast them off the road !!

LOL ....

Then we go and spend the 10 to 15 K we saved from not buying HD on mods to our cars and street bikes. Or we purchase a dirt bike for weekend fun (referred to as a 'chook chaser' down here, a 'chook' being a chicken, or fowl).

OZcruizer.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm the VP of our chapter of the American Legion...we have 1 Harley and the rest are metric. We usually don't have much in the way of bashing. But there are a LOT of Harley snobs in the PGR...it all melts away though when a bunch of bikes roll in to pay respects! While I'm a member of the PGR as well getting away has been hard to do...unfortunately it's also been far too frequent in these parts!

Devilish

1 - 11 of 11 Posts