M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2 winters ago, I ordered and installed the Black Foam XL grips from the Xoprodox website. They look great and are super comfortable, they take out all vibration and I can ride for hours without my hands getting tired or numb.

I decided that eventually it may be time for some new foam at the end of 2012's riding season (they're holding up great-no issues when wet). I went to the website to see about reordering and what the cost would be, when sadly I learned that the owner had passed away.

I was somewhat hesitant, but I sent an email to the customer service address listed to see if it was possible to purchase a spare set of foam replacements. I was shocked at the email I received back from Alex's (former owner) sister Irene. She had just got done mailing me a free replacement set of foam. I felt bad and replied that I'd like to at least purchase another set from her to give them the business (I wasn't looking for any freebies) so I would have a few on hand in the parts cabinet.

The next email I received today was even more of a shock. She sent me 2 more sets of foam replacements (for a total of 6) and still would not accept any payment for them, stating that her brother would not have given it another thought for any of his customers. All she asked is that when people admired or complimented the grips, that I let them know they are still in business (website is down at the moment) selling their grips and pegs, which are probably the coolest aftermarkets I've seen anywhere.

I'm not sure when the website may be back up, but if you are in the market for new grips at some point, give them a look. You always see threads and hear about the negative experiences people have with customer service, so I wanted to share a very positive experience I've had here with Xoprodox. I won't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. A lot of companies today could learn quite a bit from them......

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Rare indeed

but very welcome in this environment!! Thanks for sharing a bright spot!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That there is a class act.Not seen much.I would be interested in a set of those my hand go numb after a short time of riding this would make for a more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I'd say that you did your part and they got their moneys worth.

:bigthumbsup: for them.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Glad to hear this! I have 2 sets of grips from them and love them. Forum members have asked about the grips and I thought they went out of business, glad to hear otherwise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts