1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. :D

G

·
I would go on their websites and see what type of programming each offers and see which one suits you best. I have Sirius in my car and XM on my wing. I am not a Stern fan so Sirius is not my choice just for him, but they have alot of good music as does XM. Each has their own unique channels and both have some that are similar. It will really depend on your likes and dislikes.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have Sirius in my house and XM in my car. I like Sirius alot better just because it has more of the music I listen to. They both are good but XM is raunchy(please be careful listening to it if your kids are around). Either way, they are defiently better than any radio stations around here.

·
Registered
240 Posts
After using both for a while, it breaks down like this, if your in it for the music XM hands down, if your in it for talk, sports, news and entertainment it's sirius hands down.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sirius... in my van and my pick-up, also with Dish Network at home.. no music on the 109.... just pipes and wind for me.. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have both. At home I have Sirius because it is offered by Dish Network as part of the package and then I have XM on two of my cars.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
J R said:
Whats bad about the xm I got a kid ??????????
I have XM and you can block any of the programing that you find objectionable. I have about 6 stations I listen too and that's it. Old time radio is great when traveling. :doorag:

·
Registered
974 Posts
J R said:
I have been the last few weeks looking at these things and havent been able to decide which unit to buy for the sirus.I liked that portable one but not sure which ones best.Heck I wasent even sure about which on xm or sirus ??????????????????????????
If you like nascar Xm .... thats one of the few differences between them IMO

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well my wife and i just bought a new Lincoln pickup and it came with Sirius radio, 6 mos. free. I have xm with my direct tv and I like it. Does anyone know if you can switch to another service provider that some of the auto mfg's offer when you purchase a new car or truck?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
DW said:
Well my wife and i just bought a new Lincoln pickup and it came with Sirius radio, 6 mos. free. I have xm with my direct tv and I like it. Does anyone know if you can switch to another service provider that some of the auto mfg's offer when you purchase a new car or truck?
No its a proprietary signal, Sirus and XM run at different frequencies and the recievers can't be interchanged.. if your vehicle came equiped for on and you want the other you'll have to buy a separate receiver for it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone have any input on the XM portable receivers i.e., Roady xt, sky fi 2 or Roady 2?

I would like to mount one up on the bike and have read the threads about the mounting brackets and all but what is involved in wiring one up?

Any info would be great. I saw that Big Joe and Lamonster both have a XT mounted for one of their trips....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts