M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the house burned and Ive been way toooo busy rebuilding instead of enjoying the freedom of the road on my M109, you would think that my FEW times riding just a couple miles down the road would be uneventful....

Question; Is it possible to do a full 360 degree's on a M109 at 50mph without dumping?

Answer; Only by the grace of God!

Woman pulls out in front of me and stops-Cant go left because of oncoming car. Cant go right because of children at bus stop. Decided that I should lay her down instead of making an unscheduled flight over a Mazda hood. half way around I 'smacked' the throttle. Instead of the bike laying down, she 'spun around'

Still dizzy and in major awe that I barely bumped the cars quarter panel with front wheel...

At least the woman smiled and waved before she drove off....:eek:

Ride careful guys--Morons on every corner....

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
[email protected] Sh&$ !!! That is an awesome story, way to keep it shiny side up! I guess god figured you have been through enough for the time being and gave you a break! :bigthumbsup:

Glad that it didn't end up being a more severe situation with tragic results. and you are definitely right when you say that morons are everywhere.

·
Radio Active Member
22,690 Posts
And all she did was smiled and waved? :eek:

I would have expected a lot of apologizing at least, but maybe she was just super impressed with your bike riding skills. :D

These things are pretty stable. I had to lock both front and back on mine up last year and it skidded a good 75 feet, trying hard to swap ends, but it stayed upright. My wife was on the back and she didn't think much of it, but I was impressed by how well it did. A low COG really helps.

·
Registered
948 Posts
So glad you are okay! And yes I would say that was by the grace of God. It is amazing how quickly things happen... so glad yours went well.

I just went down a couple of weeks ago a piece of metal that I hit cut my oil filter. Oil sprayed all over my back tire (Repsol $60 a gallon ouch) slowed to make a right turn and started spinning and sliding which was really fun until the tire finally caught and pitched me off. Got bruised a bit and put a one inch scratch in the tank but all really turned out okay.

Ride safe and hope all is coming back together after the fire.

Revdge

·
Registered
408 Posts
wow man, your'e one bad lucky dude! looks like death is teasing you, or is it the other way around? :joke:

glad to see your'e o.k., is the skid mark in your shorts bigger than the one made by your bike on the black top? :joke:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Glad you were able to drive away. Take care.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
[email protected] Sh&$ !!! That is an awesome story, way to keep it shiny side up! I guess god figured you have been through enough for the time being and gave you a break! :bigthumbsup:

Glad that it didn't end up being a more severe situation with tragic results. and you are definitely right when you say that morons are everywhere.
took the words right out of my mouth!!! Glad you are ok and you still have your 9 to enjoy!!! Good luck bro!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Never done it on the 9, but on my last liter bike, I came out of a curve at about 120 and hit a spot of standing water.

The bike spun, at least twice but I think 3 times.

Well, more like 2.5 or 3.5, because when it was over, I was facing traffic, feet on the ground, hugging the tank.

I thanked God for being so clear that I can not be trusted with a liter bike, without the inconvenience of killing me.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
WOW , What a Story , If it had been anyone else I wouldnt have believed it,
In all reality we should name this new stoping manuver
how bout "Moron loop " or "Burnin's Swing":D

Hope I never have to try it , and glad your a better rider than I

:congrats:

·
Banned
408 Posts
Glad you're safe! :bigthumbsup: I've had many drivers do that, or cut me off, when I blew my horn & raised my hand in a motion to say: "What are you doing?" I've gotten drivers laughing at me, literally. Driving is a joke to people, as long as they aren't directly involved in an accident it's all fun & games to them out there. Their logic is: "Let's see how many people I can P&%^ off today & have fun doing it" Tailgaters get on my nerve the most.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I'd really like to be taught that trick bro!........I'm thinking about mounting a twin 50-caliber machine gun in place of where my windshield was...........................problem solved. :verymad:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts