M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, it was a dark, hot night in beautiful Law Vegas (see the sarcasm). northbound 15 when all of a sudden, there they were, blue and red flashers on my ass. since i used to be in law enforcement and i wasn't dpi.g anything wrong, id figured id bust his balls a little.. he walks up to me and asks "do you know why i stopped you? i replied, "no,but hopefully you know" trooper then proceeded to tell me my fn license plate light..ya, it was recently de-beavered so no i don't have one. but seriously, he must have been bored then he proceeded to ask all about the 9. he let me go with a friendly warning, but seriously a license plate light someone was fishing. thank god i was.t drinking....i just think he liked the 9. so i just went and bought some bolt-dc red led license plate lights. don't need the headaches.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
ok, it was a dark, hot night in beautiful Law Vegas (see the sarcasm). northbound 15 when all of a sudden, there they were, blue and red flashers on my ass. since i used to be in law enforcement and i wasn't dpi.g anything wrong, id figured id bust his balls a little.. he walks up to me and asks "do you know why i stopped you? i replied, "no,but hopefully you know" trooper then proceeded to tell me my fn license plate light..ya, it was recently de-beavered so no i don't have one. but seriously, he must have been bored then he proceeded to ask all about the 9. he let me go with a friendly warning, but seriously a license plate light someone was fishing. thank god i was.t drinking....i just think he liked the 9. so i just went and bought some bolt-dc red led license plate lights. don't need the headaches.
One thing to remember, first, he was doing his job. 2, traffic stops a lot of times lead to bigger things. You were the one at fault knowing full well your bike had no tag light and you're gonna take an attitude to the guy. You're lucky you only got a warning.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I agree he had every right to pull you over (or fish as you call it) thats why modification of any vehicle in Nevada gives a PO the probable cause to pull someone over keeps the d:edit::edit:k heads off the road and living here you know we have our share.

On a separate note I don't have a light on mine never been pulled over for it but have been told I was speeding (no ticket yet) just be nice and tell them anything they ask. They fish for a reason sometimes you'll land a huge game fish :eek:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess my post came across the wrong way, i know he was in the right. i just saw it as funny that, that was the reason he gave. other times I've been approached or stopped they just said the wanted to talk about the bike. didn't meen anything bad by, so keep the panties on guys, my fault for.wording it wrong.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts

Light up your license plate whether it's in the stock location or custom mounted. Two versions offered - one with just white side-facing bolt lights & the otherwith added rear-facing red L.E.D.'s to function as auxiliary running lights, turn signals, or brake lights.

Kuryakyn 9399
Mnfr. Part #: 9399
Our Part #: KUR-9399
Price: $28.99

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=9268&str=290

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,260 Posts

Light up your license plate whether it's in the stock location or custom mounted. Two versions offered - one with just white side-facing bolt lights & the otherwith added rear-facing red L.E.D.'s to function as auxiliary running lights, turn signals, or brake lights.

Kuryakyn 9399
Mnfr. Part #: 9399
Our Part #: KUR-9399
Price: $28.99

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=9268&str=290

:bigthumbsup:
The reason I don't like those is b/c if you ever have to take your tag off, you have to unwire them. I just de-beavered mine and used this
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...age&category=ACCENTS&Page2Disp=/specs/mcm.htm

Simple and easy

·
Registered
766 Posts
well my friend. LEO's are also humans and they are also impressed by the BEAST.... He had to see it up close. And he was not going to wait until you parked. So he stopped you and gave you a warning.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i agree, I've been a leo thats why i thought it was funny he used the license plate as a reason instead of just saying he wanted to admire the beast.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The reason I don't like those is b/c if you ever have to take your tag off, you have to unwire them. I just de-beavered mine and used this
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...age&category=ACCENTS&Page2Disp=/specs/mcm.htm

Simple and easy
I originally went that route, but installing the first one the bolt snapped putting the nut on. They are really weak. I threw them away after that and got a lighted chrome plate frame from Raw Design. Looks great but the LED's are probably a little bright.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
i agree, I've been a leo thats why i thought it was funny he used the license plate as a reason instead of just saying he wanted to admire the beast.
Did you tell him you used to be a :cop:? Did that help?

could have been worse, Could have just shot you and thrown you in the bush.

G

·
Did you tell him you used to be a :cop:? Did that help?

could have been worse, Could have just shot you and thrown you in the bush.
"A lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of problems are buried in those holes. But you gotta do it right. I mean, you gotta have the hole already dug before you show up with a package in the trunk. Otherwise, you're talking about a half-hour to forty-five minutes worth of digging. And who knows who's gonna come along in that time? Pretty soon, you gotta dig a few more holes. You could be there all ****in' night." -Nicky Santoro

:joke:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I know what you mean in reguards to CYA:eek:! I HAD a vertical side mounted plate, but if they go fishing that is illegal here in NH. So I traded out of that with Mr. Firefighter, and had Shayne make me a Custom Horizonal plate mount. So I don't half to hear the Chit, from some 20 year old! Again CYA, all-ways:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cruising in Construction traffic(can't go faster than everyone else) Pass a OHP, He's sitting inside the construction cones. Next thing I know this guys behind me, follows me about a mile then hits the lights. I pull inside the traffic cones turn it off and get off. He's out of his car and the FIRST thing he says is" I want a bike just like that". then he says can I see your drivers license. Was I doing something wrong. Yes sir your eye wear is not fastened to your head and I cannot see your tag(rt side on the axle vertical) come sit in the car. So I have a seat and we start talking about my bike. I get out with a warning but went and check the law and sure enough can't have a vert tag in OK. I went ahead and bought a new tag so I wouldn't have to try to bend the other one. So I did this to it.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
at least you wernt pulled over & fined for singing to loud. hahahaha:swear:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Forgot and open my mouth:p once today singing and got a bug and nearly chocked :barf:before I could get a drink. Just can't get tainted love out of my head:joke::redfaced:

·
Registered
163 Posts
He said that the eyewear:doorag: must be secure to the head(like goggle straps) I had those things you slip on the earpieces and goes around the back of your head. He said that it had to be tight to the head so the wind couldn't catch it and tear it off the head. I've been riding like that all summer. Oh well I figured he just liked the bike.:dontknow:???

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
can you run red LEDs for plate lights in Nevada?? here we would get pulled over for that...

and in KS if you are riding around with a full face and no eye protection under it and you visor is cracked they will pull you over and ticket you........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts