M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy the rear seat cowl in SILVER.
Not sure if there was any differences in paint codes for 2006 or fitment with various years.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Not sure if there was any differences in paint codes for 2006 or fitment with various years.
The paint codes for the 2006 M109R is specifically tied each color offered that year. Colorrite has those paint codes on their website, if you need to know the code for the 2006 Silver M109R. Also, there's no difference in Rear Seat Cowls, from the 2006 to 2021 model M109R. They are all interchangeable. You should do a search on eBay to see if they have any Silver Rear Seat Cowls available. I have seen several of them on eBay, over the years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The paint codes for the 2006 M109R is specifically tied each color offered that year. Colorrite has those paint codes on their website, if you need to know the code for the 2006 Silver M109R. Also, there's no difference in Rear Seat Cowls, from the 2006 to 2021 model M109R. They are all interchangeable. You should do a search on eBay to see if they have any Silver Rear Seat Cowls available. I have seen several of them on eBay, over the years.
Thanks for the info - been checking Ebay and there are a lot of red ones!

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Thanks for the info - been checking Ebay and there are a lot of red ones!
You may very likely have to consider purchasing one from eBay, and have it painted to match your bike. That is what most people do, when they purchase painted parts from eBay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder how a chrome plated cowl would look? It would sort of match the chrome on the headlight cowl.
I actually thought about that and haven't ruled it out.
If I get one of a different color then I may chrome wrap it rather than paint.
That being said, I think I might have found one, just working out the details.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I wonder how a chrome plated cowl would look? It would sort of match the chrome on the headlight cowl.
That has been done, believe it or not. There's a member of this Forum, who did that several years back, and it looked pretty good

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
$260 + Shipping from warehouse in Pennsylvania.
And it's a genuine OEM - Hopefully the color matches (haven't rcv'd yet) but it should since they said that it is a 2006 issue.
Just keep in mind that the color may be off a bit, due to the fact that the new OEM Solo Cowl has never been exposed to UV light, and your bike has years of exposer, which will definitely affect any paint job over time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just keep in mind that the color may be off a bit, due to the fact that the new OEM Solo Cowl has never been exposed to UV light, and your bike has years of exposer, which will definitely affect any paint job over time.
Yes, I've considered that so we'll see -

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey buddy if you are still interested in getting a nice rear seat cowl in SILVER.I have a dealer of mine that once helped me to get mine for a decent price you can kindly contact

[email protected]

Goodluck buddy

Sent from my S56 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Hey buddy if you are still interested in getting a nice rear seat cowl in SILVER.I have a dealer of mine that once helped me to get mine for a decent price you can kindly contact

[email protected]

Goodluck buddy

First and foremost, welcome to the Forum. We're glad you chose to become a member of this great Forum. Just an FYI, the OP who you addressed in your response above has already purchased and is waiting delivery of a new Silver Rear Seat Solo Cowl, at the tune of $260 + Shipping Cost. So, he's likely into it for a total of anywhere from $280 - $300. What did you pay for yours, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I paid $250 well planned budget and it works perfectly well.thanks to Mr daniel

It wasn't all that long ago, one could do a search on eBay, and get a matching Solo Cowl for the M109R, in excellent condition, for anywhere from $50 to $100, plus free shipping. Things like that now come and go in ebbs and flows. You just have to catch them at the right time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts