M109 Riders banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a new or good used hyper charger. I don't understand why HD cost $500 - $600 and ours cost $1100.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
In addition to having to purchase two of the Hyper Chargers for the 9, don’t you also have to purchase mounting adapters for each side?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Yes you have to have adapters for each side. Be patient. I also refused to pay that much for a set of intakes and I eventually found a set on eBay that was up for auction. Luckily it was between me and only one other person and I won the bid at around $300 I think for a set. They were the last major purchase that I had been wanting to do but didn't want to pay that much for. I put them on the bike and had them on for two weeks and then sold the bike.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Looking to buy a new or good used hyper charger. I don't understand why HD cost $500 - $600 and ours cost $1100.
Keepup, in the event you weren't already aware, MeanCycles has a set of Air Intakes that highly resemble the Hyper Chargers, with the exception of the butterflies that exist with the Hyper Chargers. In fact, in a couple of regards they are actually better than the Hyper Chargers. Those regards/characteristics are...They are fully enclosed on the backside of each intake module, which allows for better forced air into the airbox, and they come with mounting adapters that allow both intake modules to sit perfectly symmetrical on each side, rather than one side being visibly more forward than the other side, as it is with the Hyper Chargers. The Air Intakes I am speaking of are the COBRA POWER-FLO Intakes. They are available in both Chrome and Black finishes, and the cost for either set is approximately $899.00 at MeanCycles.com.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks JUDAH. I will look into those Cobras

Keepup, in the event you weren't already aware, MeanCycles has a set of Air Intakes that highly resemble the Hyper Chargers, with the exception of the butterflies that exist with the Hyper Chargers. In fact, in a couple of regards they are actually better than the Hyper Chargers. Those regards/characteristics are...They are fully enclosed on the backside of each intake module, which allows for better forced air into the airbox, and they come with mounting adapters that allow both intake modules to sit perfectly symmetrical on each side, rather than one side being visibly more forward than the other side, as it is with the Hyper Chargers. The Air Intakes I am speaking of are the COBRA POWER-FLO Intakes. They are available in both Chrome and Black finishes, and the cost for either set is approximately $899.00 at MeanCycles.com.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts