M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK you are going to have to look at this for a minute to tell there is anything in the picture. I wish there was a better way to take a picture with the lights off. Here is the deal I am doing a very bold paint job on my 109. violet pearl with mbc black diamond mixed in, candy tangerine over gold mbc, silver vent graphics with blue longglow, limetime pearl with white sparkle pearl to add some pop with green long glow over it.

The first picture will show the first version without graphics and without doing the edges on the limetime pearl in silver white. You see the layout. The next picture will show it with the lights off and will give you an idea of how cool this looks glowing in the dark. I did the vents to look like they have screens and when you turn the lights off it looks like you can see down into the vents (VERY COOL In Person). The glow will last from 4 - 12 hours depending on how long it is charged up in the sunlight.

In the daylight you see the graphics but at night we the lights go down this thing comes to life. Talk about a great attention getter at bike night. You can park in the back of the lot and wait for the crowd to come to you. This effect is very hard to capture with my camera, any ideas on how to take a picture in the dark? I can tell you this is very bright. In fact when you shut the door and turn off the garage lights the whole garage lights up.

PS

Look at the bottom left hand corner of the picture you can see the front fender of my new vtx paint job. I took it out to the first bike night wed and it won bike of the night. Tomorrow is the big day when I take it to Quaker Steak and lub for their big bike give away and bike show. No glow in the dark effect but this is one killer vtx now.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If your camera allows you to adjust the exposure timing you can increase it to allow for light to strike the ccd for longer, that will make the image brighter

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DaltonH said:
If your camera allows you to adjust the exposure timing you can increase it to allow for light to strike the ccd for longer, that will make the image brighter
Thanks! That make sense and I that I have that adjustment.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
silentrider said:
Let us see it when you get it all together,That Looks killer :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Later Silentrider
I am trying to have it done by wed. but it depends on how much more air brushing I do. I just came in from the garage and love looking at that thing glow. It is bold but this bike deserves it.

By the way the paint set will be available for sale after I get a chance to show it off.

·
Registered
974 Posts
That is the coolest paint set ive seen so far. Not just because it glows in the dark that is pretty sweet. I love the wild graphics VERY excellent.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
To take photos on the dark you need two things, a really slow shutter speed and a tripod! You need to leave the shutter open for over a second and if the camera moves AT ALL you will have a blurry photo. Good luck!

·
Registered
343 Posts
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BlackCherry said:
To take photos on the dark you need two things, a really slow shutter speed and a tripod! You need to leave the shutter open for over a second and if the camera moves AT ALL you will have a blurry photo. Good luck!
Thanks for the help I don't think my digital has a shutter speed adjustment. I can change the speed of the fil from 100 to 400 would that help? I thknk that once this is charged and all the pieces are on the bike it will generate more than enough light on its own.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Thanks for the help I don't think my digital has a shutter speed adjustment. I can change the speed of the fil from 100 to 400 would that help?
Well it might help, going to a slower film speed (100 is slower than 400) would help some. Check out your cameras owners manual and see if you have a "manual" mode. You might be able to get it to work that way as it gives you total control and it overrides the cameras attempts to control the exposure automatically. Good luck! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
WOW, that's absolutely rockin'. I must say that I think that is your absolute best work to date. That is just completely amazing. The title for this thread is definitely fitting. You have to post the rest once it is completed.

:bigthumbsup:

Brian

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There will be one more set of graphics added today but I am also thinking of doing a very light silverwhite pearl ghost flame over everything. What do you guys think? :eek:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't know about doing that.  Personally I love it the way it is.  I think it might look a tad too busy with anything more on it.  Just my .02 cents.

If there was a way to get a better idea of how it might look, it might be okay. Then again, you're the guy with the experience, so if you think it needs it, it'll probably be fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts