1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I will have to say that I myself think ape hangers are ugly and would be very uncomfortable for me.... but If I liked them and was going to have them would have to put them on a 9.... :doorag:

·
Registered
41 Posts
The ape hangers are bad but the worst is the SS, super sport badges that he robbed from a Chevelle. I wont even comment on the eyes :dontknow:.

To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I believe in the "to each his own" phrase because if you don't like what I've done to my bike then it's not your problem. That being said this looks to me like an HD with these handlebars. I like the fact that my nine is distinguished from HD at least to those who know the difference. I don't even like em on an HD but that's just my opinion which as was said above means nothing. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Would I put them on my bike, no, but good for the owner for following his own path and making it his own.

My headlight has its critics, but I like my bike better with it.

I can tell you that it makes me like it more that some 9ers do not like it. It just confirms I am not following:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I don't agree with bashing someone's bike on a forum.
Personally I wouldn't put ape hangers on my bike but this bike doesn't look bad with them. I have seen other 9s on this board that I don't like but I don't bash them because of the saying "to each his own".

IMO, if you don't like something about someone's bike especially another 9, don't post a picture of the bike and start a bashing campaign.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
The ape hangers are bad but the worst is the SS, super sport badges that he robbed from a Chevelle. I wont even comment on the eyes :dontknow:.

To each his own I guess.
I'm starting to take these SS comments personal newbie!:joke: Maybe I'll just go back to 100% stock. NOT.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't agree with bashing someone's bike on a forum.
Personally I wouldn't put ape hangers on my bike but this bike doesn't look bad with them. I have seen other 9s on this board that I don't like but I don't bash them because of the saying "to each his own".

IMO, if you don't like something about someone's bike especially another 9, don't post a picture of the bike and start a bashing campaign.
:agree:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
different strokes for different folks bro.......... its a 9, and he made it his own, just like the rest of us.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with cmhguy and antmor69, each person needs to make thier 9 "their own". However, when you start going through the gears and push up those RPM's how could you hang on to the beast with your hands way above your head??

·
Registered
960 Posts
Personally, I agree but if you do go so far to the outside of tasteful or useful you can expect to get some bad press. I own a BMW and a guy I know bought one, put 20" chrome spinners on it! He then posted the pics on the Bimmerforums. He was savaged in many ways.

People are entitled to their opinions and to state them. I doubt the owner of this bike is thin-skinned or he would not have done the mods he did.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
different strokes for different folks bro.......... its a 9, and he made it his own, just like the rest of us.... :bigthumbsup:
:agree:Everyone has their own taste & beauty in their own eyes. In someones eyes Nancy Pelosi is a goddess???:eek::joke:

Not mine though!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I have Never Tried the Apes , How would they work in the curves ,say Deals Gapp , just wondering

looks like it would be a Scary Ride ,,,

trying to be Different is Fine But Be careful
soon you will be wearing your hat backwards and Wearing Pants 6 sizes too Big ,With A Gold Grill :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Each to his own. We mod our bikes or don't mod our bikes to suit us not others. If we tell someone we don't like it, we can do it in an appropriate way. We can simply say, I just don't like it and leave it there unless they ask why.

Just my humble opinion.

Doc

1 - 20 of 47 Posts