M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Cobra Dragsters yesterday and installed them last night. These pipes are very similar to the Cobra pipes I had on my Honda Shadow Aero 1100 in which I loved the sound and had many compliments on their sound. No on with the story... So I installed the pipes last night which was a bit more involved than I inticipated but enjoyed every minute of it. After getting the pipes installed I finish by installing the heat shields that are stamped with the Cobra logo. Next.... to start the bike and bask in all of that glorious 109 sound.... bask in that sound I did... ALOT of sound!!! These pipes are so loud they sound like a set of shorty's. :yikes:
I guess the saying goes "If it's too loud, then you're too old." :dontknow:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On second thought I'm not real fond of my neighbor......... this may be real fun!!! :evil:

G

·
I have been used to loud pipes for a long time. But then again, I can never hear what my wife or kids are saying.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah I just got done installing mine and holy mother they are loud as hell. You cannot appreciate the decibel output on these things without hearing them firsthand. Ah well.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've got the Speedster Slashdowns backordered through Hal so I'll have to wait a while to experience a tad more noise.
Jerbear

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
109ster said:
I picked up my Cobra Dragsters yesterday and installed them last night. These pipes are very similar to the Cobra pipes I had on my Honda Shadow Aero 1100 in which I loved the sound and had many compliments on their sound. No on with the story... So I installed the pipes last night which was a bit more involved than I inticipated but enjoyed every minute of it. After getting the pipes installed I finish by installing the heat shields that are stamped with the Cobra logo. Next.... to start the bike and bask in all of that glorious 109 sound.... bask in that sound I did... ALOT of sound!!! These pipes are so loud they sound like a set of shorty's. :yikes:
I guess the saying goes "If it's too loud, then you're too old."Â Â :dontknow:
hEY 109ster would like to meet up with you and see what they sound like maybe we can hook up on day

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ok, JR, I took your advice on removing the baffles, and yes it is still loud, and maybe louder than before, but they were so loud with the baffles in...it is hard to tell. I will say this, I was riding thorugh a small town near where I live and a woman walking her baby in a stroller looked over at me, and with a look of complete disdain mouthed, "OH MY GOD!" It was pretty funny, and I was really taking it easy. Anyway, I am going to stick the baffles back in and make up my mind.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kbear said:
hEY 109ster would like to meet up with you and see what they sound like maybe we can hook up on day
No Problem... I am in the Columbus, Ohio area, where are you at? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I am also in columbus ohio we just have not had a chance to hook up been looking for some of the others from the board that live in columbus but so far everyone i have ran into with the m109 was not on the board

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kbear said:
I am also in columbus ohio we just have not had a chance to hook up been looking for some of the others from the board that live in columbus but so far everyone i have ran into with the m109 was not on the board
get in touch... [email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts