M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's just say for S*its and giggles that the world powers have all agreed that they will lay down their weapons and stop war if you will get rid of your M109R and ride a Harley Davidson for the rest of your life.  You know that you will be leaving large pools of oil where ever you go for the rest of your life.

Would you do it for world peace ???

mania

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whiteout said:
Possibly. Does the HD clutch make much noise when in neutral at a stop light?
No, Harley's transmissions are believed to quiet in neutral; however, that is speculative because you couldn't hear it if it was noisy due to all the engine noise.

·
Registered
277 Posts
109 mania said:
No, Harley's transmissions are believed to quiet in neutral; however, that is speculative because you couldn't hear it if it was noisy due to all the engine noise.
:a20:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
nope

·
Registered
775 Posts
in theory, it would be great. if actually possible; sure i'd give up my bike. problem is; the peace achieved would last only untill all the 109r's lined up at the harley dealership for the repairs we never had to do on our good bikes and a whole new kind of war-fare would break out. so, war with other countries, or war with harley people? i'll take other countries; we can ignore the other countries.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
109 mania said:
Let's just say for S*its and giggles that the world powers have all agreed that they will lay down their weapons and stop war if you will get rid of your M109R and ride a Harley Davidson for the rest of your life. You know that you will be leaving large pools of oil where ever you go for the rest of your life.

Would you do it for world peace ???

mania
Just for s*its and giggles, I would do anything to have world peace...including destroying all motorcycles in the world.

Rhetorical question...gets a rhetorical answer.

Now, seriously, would you NOT give up your ride to save millions/billions/trillions (gets larger and larger as time goes on exponentially) of lives?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I hate to say this, but there is no such thing as world peace. (Only peace through superior firepower) Get a history book !!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
M109LOVER said:
I hate to say this, but there is no such thing as world peace. (Only peace through superior firepower) Get a history book !!!
Show me the fighting and/or superior firepower on Mars, or Venus, etc.

;)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
How about we give all the brave soldiers a 109 for putting their lives on the line for us!
Are they working towards world peace? depends who you ask. Either way they are doing what they are told to do
even when they disagree with the reason to do it, in the interests of thie Great Nation.

Start with 109 Mania's

Then all the Black & Silver because they are the fastest/best (right guys?) and the soldiers deserve the best.
The Burple will be for those who were injured in battle, but thankfully can still ride. Kind of a mobile Burple Heart.

Sledzep

·
Registered
363 Posts
M related, uh....right. ;)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
--Plato

Although it seems like some guys must be reading Jack Handey of "Deep Thoughts"...

"Instead of building newer and larger weapons of mass destruction, I think mankind should try to get more use out of the ones we have."

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

·
Registered
207 Posts
World peace will happen after the next one....I'd settle for city peace much less world peace. Kids shooting each other pretty regularly around here,last week it was at a high school football game :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts