M109 Rider Forums banner

Would you buy Barnett Hi- Perf. clutch plates

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talking to Barnett, they say if there is enough demand , they will build high performance clutch plates for the M109R. Would any of you buy them?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Stay with the stock plates always. For what ever reason, aftermarket plates are not made with the same material and never seem to last as long. Seen alot of drag bikes go back to the stock plastes.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm not on the bottle for one thing. I have built a lot of motors and always liked having the weak link being the clutch, it can be replaced inexpensively and easly. My 109 clutch hasnt shown any signs of slipage
or shutter.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I'm not on the bottle for one thing. I have built a lot of motors and always liked having the weak link being the clutch, it can be replaced inexpensively and easly. My 109 clutch hasnt shown any signs of slipage
or shutter.
It will if you start pushing the 150+ hp / 130+ Tq mark...

Sicric... I talked to them a LONG time ago and they basically told me to pack sand... LOL

What are they talking? New fibers?
I'd be in as long as they weren't bending us over the barrel.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Stay with the stock plates always. For what ever reason, aftermarket plates are not made with the same material and never seem to last as long. Seen alot of drag bikes go back to the stock plastes.
:agree::agree:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
I voted yes only because they may have something that holds oil better that could help those with clutch chatter. Other than that, stock plates work fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts