M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you change oil and filter that 4 quarts of oil would be about right ??? with all this oil checkin bs,there has to be a SET AMOUNT that would be right,,i know it says 3800cc's of oil but no one has said if this was the gospel or not ???? i guess suzuki built the dam thing and should know how much oil it takes, you would think anyways !!! :cus:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
it says ABOUT 3600ml. just add 3qt., run the bike for a couple mins., then add the rest. from there use the suzuki check method, you should be pretty close. add small amount as nesacary. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:clap2: ok knot heads !!! i just changed oil AND filter,,,,filled 3 qrts--- started and checked,,way low,,,,added all but 4ozs from 4th qrt and measured perfect every time !!! so there ya go !!!! unless suzuki put different oil pans on every bike this should get ya pretty close !!!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I agree with you (READ THE OWNERS MANUAL) and check your oil as the OWNERS MANUAL states and when changeing oil, USE THE CORRECT AMOUNT AS STATED IN THE, you guessed it THE OWNRS MANUAL.

I just do not understand the controversey over this. There have been too many threads concerning this already!

Just follow the OWNERS MANUAL when changeing/checking your oil. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
drain it, change the filter, add 4 quarts. You're good to go. What's the reason for adding partial, then running the motor then adding the rest. Does the motor know how much oil is in it?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I drained mine on the sidestand and upright to see how much would come out. measured 4 qts out. put 3 qts in, oil trying to come out of the dipstick hole. fired it up to get oil in filter etc. added 4th qt. went for ride, did the 3 minute thing at shutdown and oil was right on full.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.