M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is for you guys who have worked on your own transmissions. My second gear is toast. I'm reasonably mechanically inclined (I've rebuilt simple gearboxes etc) And am considering working on my own tranny, but I look at my shop manual and it only has the whole engine tear down. Do I really have to disassemble the entire top end to open up the tranny or can I pull the "jugs" off of it. Looking at the manual I'm like' "yeah right" anybody who knows have some imput for me please? Thanks

·
Registered
624 Posts
This is for you guys who have worked on your own transmissions. My second gear is toast. I'm reasonably mechanically inclined (I've rebuilt simple gearboxes etc) And am considering working on my own tranny, but I look at my shop manual and it only has the whole engine tear down. Do I really have to disassemble the entire top end to open up the tranny or can I pull the "jugs" off of it. Looking at the manual I'm like' "yeah right" anybody who knows have some imput for me please? Thanks
You can get away with removing the rear Jug only, as in follow the manual, but leave the front Jug on!!
and thats to get the 1 bolt under the crankcase breather Box!!!!

Have fun,
Cheers Bigeh...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Bigeh, do you have to teardown the top end to get the rear jug off? I'm asking because I'm pretty comfortable with gears and bearings but messing with the cams and timing scares me almost as much as electricity :0P oh and when are you going to produce a turbo kit for us?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey Bigeh, do you have to teardown the top end to get the rear jug off? I'm asking because I'm pretty comfortable with gears and bearings but messing with the cams and timing scares me almost as much as electricity :0P oh and when are you going to produce a turbo kit for us?
Hey Crankor,
Yes you need to pull the cams out remove timing chain and on and on. you need to completely strip the motor!! But you just leave the front pot alone.
You are only removing the rear pot to get to a piss ant little bolt under ther crankcase breather box.
I haven't seen the need to produce a turbo kit, have not had enough interest shown. lots of people telling me my numbers were bullsh1t and it looked ugly, figured i would leave it upto to people to make there own better looking, better performing system ;)

Bigeh..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, well I never doubted your numbers. Don't let the haters bring you down man.

I'm just afraid of having to take a box full of parts to the stealer. Tell me that as long as I can follow directions I can get it back together again

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hmm, well I never doubted your numbers. Don't let the haters bring you down man.
I'm just afraid of having to take a box full of parts to the stealer. Tell me that as long as I can follow directions I can get it back together again
I don't mate, i do what i want when i want, because i can, and never give a rats arse about anyones opinion!!!

You know your own capabilitys, if you are mechanicly minded and can follow instruction, then you should be ok!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Bigeh, do you have to teardown the top end to get the rear jug off? I'm asking because I'm pretty comfortable with gears and bearings but messing with the cams and timing scares me almost as much as electricity :0P oh and when are you going to produce a turbo kit for us?[/QUOTE]
Crankor,
Bigeh and myself developed his kit including designing and manufacturing the exhaust manifold.
we are in the process of updating exhaust manifold design for my bike(same spec's different look), we have discussed making the turbo manifolds and or kits available to others just the other day. however the only place to sell it, is on a forum like this one.
we have no desire to pay a sponsors fee and set up a business,so it has helped us to decide not market a system. so the manifold jig will probably just sit in mine or bigeh's garage after we have finnished my manifold, although we do have another mate who is very keen to have one so we might have to make up 2 manifolds.
sorry for any inconvenience
the Gas Man

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
:pop:LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts