·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More like this

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm with you on the fact it would look cool on the 109. I could never use it myself as I have all I can do getting my leg over the rear cowl we have. Too many orthopedic restrictions.
Jer

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw the pic on here JR . you must have posted it

·
Registered
426 Posts
Someone give us the rear storage hump we need!! I would buy one in a second. Color matched it would look killer and bring a little function to the form as well. Maybe a small pad on the front that could double as backrest... I literally can't bring anything with me due to lack of storage. I actually had a tough time trying to find a place for my registration. Couldn't they have even installed a little clear plastic pocket or something for at least that? And I refuse to ruin the look with bags.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Thanks  for all the good ideas, but I was managing fine until a month or so ago until; I went down hard on my tailbone trying to help a Valkyrie rider pick his bike up and back it out of a place he never should have driven into.  Then he never even said thanks.  Since then, it's been a downhill course  and about a week or so ago, I reached the point where I couldn't get my leg over the bike.  I kept trying to gut it out but it just kept getting worse. I saw the doc Wednesday and got an MRI Friday.  At that point I was still able to manage short distances with two canes,  Now I'm at the point where I can't make it from the bedroom to the bathroom anymore.  I'm waiting for the MRI to be read and then I'm sure It will be into the hospital; for some kind of back surgery.  Besides bilateral hips and knee replacements, I've got a titanium  plate running the length of my left leg from the hip area to the knee area which was put in when I crushed my femur after a good friend put in a chrome brake line for me on my VTX, and didn't properly bleed the brakes.  Coming to the road going about sixty, finding out I had no rear brakes, having a car and a truck right in front of me, and having to lock up the front led to a he!! of a high side.  I've also got some titanium in my arm holding it together after an MVA in  Scottsdale AZ. where I was the pedestrian in a car pedestrian accident
None of the titanium ever bothered my riding except for the left hip replacement.Because I kept dislocating the hip joint and had to keep going into the hospital  for closed reduction , they finally put in a more restrictive hip unit.  Now it stays together but I have a tough time getting my foot upon the shifter.On my X, I had my buddy add an inch of padding to the seat, went to forward controls, and it managed most of the issues.  On the 109, I slide   my butt up on the rear cowl area before we take off to get enough room to swing my foot on the peg and then I just don't put the foot down until we get where we're going.  that's why I do all of my humiliating other bikes from rolling starts at any speed they choose. 
I know I wander on but my only interaction with the outside world is by computer.  I'm also high as a kite and hope this post is able to be understood.  I'm expecting surgery probably Tues or Wednesday and I hope to be out riding with my new Slashdowns by the following week.
Jer.

·
Registered
525 Posts
slowpoke387 said:
Someone give us the rear storage hump we need!! I would buy one in a second. Color matched it would look killer and bring a little function to the form as well. Maybe a small pad on the front that could double as backrest... I literally can't bring anything with me due to lack of storage. I actually had a tough time trying to find a place for my registration. Couldn't they have even installed a little clear plastic pocket or something for at least that? And I refuse to ruin the look with bags.
I couldn't agree more. That's a good idea.

·
Registered
426 Posts
So just because of those little excuses you won't ride now?! Kidding. Concentrate on rehabbing yourself and in the meantime you can live vicariously through all of us. There are plenty of stories to keep you busy here. And your bike will have low miles too. Gotta' keep the glass 1/2 full. Good luck dude.

G

·
LOL! That was the guy's first one, done as a joke, haha....the other ones do show some potential though...the rear tire needs to be beefier....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh Man! what did I start?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts