M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!!!!!! Went out to go for ride...bike started then went dead and FI light began to flash..tried to start again just turns over!!!!!!! Please help!!!!!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like problem solved!!!!!! Had tank off may have pinched or tugged one of the wires in the harness!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Looks like problem solved!!!!!! Had tank off may have pinched or tugged one of the wires in the harness!!!!!!!!!
There is no harness that you can pinch when the tank is off. What were you doing with the tank off? Glad you got it running.

FYI, I have had that happen a couple times that when I fired the bike up, it would FI light me and stall. Just turned everything off, reset and fired right back up.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
If you accidentally hit the kill switch, you will also get a FI light. And that darned switch is so frikkin easy to hit, even while riding.:eek::verymad::mad:^-^???:-X:'(

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
didn't hit the kill switch!!!!!! read in a thread that a wire may have worked itself loose in the wiring harness that goes to the speedo..checked that and made sure everything was tight and no more problems!!!!! Seemed that gas gauge was off too!!!!! took if for a 60mile ride and no problems at all...hope it stays that way!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no harness that you can pinch when the tank is off. What were you doing with the tank off? Glad you got it running.

FYI, I have had that happen a couple times that when I fired the bike up, it would FI light me and stall. Just turned everything off, reset and fired right back up.
Installed led's and had the tank off...might have worked a wire loose in the main harness up front by the speedo!!!! Don't really know...but it's fixed....had the fuel gauge reading low fuel!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts