M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Somebody was bound to do that eventually ::) ;)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
That's interesting L/M. :dontknow:
My thoughts were:
Just looking at it, I would think it would impede air flow once a 'performance' motor started to demand air!.....and how long might it be before that fan being 'sucked' faster than it's normal operating speed, finally shat itself and bits of plastic fan entered the motor at speed.
Even using the term "turbo" is stretching the truth and to call it a "supercharger" is plainly deceptive.
I would guess that once you opened that fan, you would find a pretty restrictive air passage with a concentric motor and nothing but plastic fan blades..nothing resembling a 'turbine' as the name suggests.
But I was wrong in 1968, so I won't discount the possibility that it could happen again..even tonight! :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Lamont,

After buying 2 of these and using your trailer to haul the invertors & extra batteries, you may cancel out any & all increases hoped for! :joke: :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thast kinda funny, I had a 86 ford pickup I tried the leaf blower setup on when I was 17. I belive It did make a small difference acording to the butt dyno. Two weeks later the truck blew up. I never told anyone, I figured people would laugh at me :dontknow: :dontknow:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have wondered about some of those electric deals on a bike, I have seen some that look pretty beefy and claim to flow over 400 cfm. The really good looking ones cost 3 to 4 hundred dollars each. Id like to try a couple.

·
Registered
267 Posts
How about some ice packs or a basket to hold some dry ice in front of the big air kits while you're riding? This might give you some extra ponies. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
cause dry ice is carbon dioxide, not nitrous oxide?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey, you have given me the extra set I needed to let you all in on my latest invention.....I just need to figure out how to strap the cow onto my bike for its added boost to my motor. OOps...I mis-understood, I thought they excreted NITROUS, not METHANE.... Please Disregard. JOHN

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Well I was wrong about the concentric motor (at least) should have looked at the photo harder before replying.

Anyone know the best way to make a thick woolly 'hat' taste good? :redfaced:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts