M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my backyard today I crawled into my bike winter storage place (A 10' by 10') tent and replaced my sparkplugs, fuel pump filter and blocked off my paired valves, I just capped the ends. And guess what, I am having one of the best times of my 2 week vacation. :D:clap2: Everything I'm doing I learned from this board. This place ROCKS!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Over the winter, I usually head to the garage away from my family to work on the bike. Even if it needs nothing, I want to take something apart and put back together. It is a bonding thing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
lovin

Im lovin my 9 and my honey has let me bring it in to the house for the winter..........shes sweeeet,but hey buddy im guessing you love yours to but whats with the fluid stains on your tent thats a little worrying lol........

·
Registered
140 Posts
i framed out underneith my deck during the summer. Its 10' high and it measures approx 17x 17. I put a ceiling on it for water run off along with a gutter and spout to catch the water and drain it into a gray water recovery system (water bill in NYC if ridiculous) for my sprinkler system. and i put a 4' wall all around with netting on the top half. Electrical outlets, cable tv, ceiling fan with light, so its pretty water tight. I put all of my patio stuff in there and saved about half of the space for the bike. I'm gonna work on the bike in the winter months. I got 2.25" lowering bones, kuri grips with the spike ends, some crome accessories, air intakes and what ever i can convince my wife to get me for christmas. Sorry I didn't mean to jack your thread just really anxoius to put this stuff on.

G

·
In my backyard today I crawled into my bike winter storage place (A 10' by 10') tent and replaced my sparkplugs, fuel pump filter and blocked off my paired valves, I just capped the ends. And guess what, I am having one of the best times of my 2 week vacation. :D:clap2: Everything I'm doing I learned from this board. This place ROCKS!!!!!!
Already winter stored? W T F! I am still riding in Indiana. You guys don't get near the winter we get, well, minus those Nor-easter storms. But it melts quick from what I hear.

·
Registered
147 Posts
A tent? well guess you have to go with what you got. I am a bit better off with an 8x10 insulated shed I had built just for parking the 9. Yes it is heated........and air conditioned for those hot muggy days. Hey guys got to have his priority's in a row. It's not as big as I would like but with a little creativity I do most anything in there. It's of coarse known as the man cave and women are not allowed unless bearing gifts or offering sustenance.
Its a bike Temple.....hey you is da man.............:drool:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Your bike is already in winter storage?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey KAWZX7, I think you misunderstood. That is where it is going to be stored when I finally put it up for the winter. You best BELIEVE that I am still riding, as soon as I get a new clutch cable this friday. The water spots on there was left over from a rainy day. I messed up and put the zipper at the bottom and a few drop leaked in, but now I got it all watertight and ready. I also bought a Battery Tender.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Storage

I share a 60x120 shop with a friend. We have 2 motorhomes, 3 4-wheelers, my 1979 gs 1000, my 1980 gs750, my 1977 chevy luv drag race truck, his 1969 Dodge Dart drag race car, a 1972 Javelin, 1 enclosed race car trailer, 1 open trailer, a heated and cooled office with bar and bath, and my 9 is parked by the door so i can still go riding. We have space for 2 more pickups left, ha ha. We never thought it would be full. But the rule is, ya gotta leave room to get the bike out.
PS, the race ar is for sale to pay for the 9. ( I had to type that cause she was looking over my shoulder).:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I must be one of the lucky few because my wife totally gets it!......never thought of a tent for a outdoor bike cover. So much for the kids camping plans! LOL

·
Registered
595 Posts
I share a 60x120 shop with a friend. We have 2 motorhomes, 3 4-wheelers, my 1979 gs 1000, my 1980 gs750, my 1977 chevy luv drag race truck, his 1969 Dodge Dart drag race car, a 1972 Javelin, 1 enclosed race car trailer, 1 open trailer, a heated and cooled office with bar and bath, and my 9 is parked by the door so i can still go riding. We have space for 2 more pickups left, ha ha. We never thought it would be full. But the rule is, ya gotta leave room to get the bike out.
PS, the race ar is for sale to pay for the 9. ( I had to type that cause she was looking over my shoulder).:dontknow:
The bigger your toy box, the more toys you need to "acquire" to fill it up.

G

·
Over the winter, I usually head to the garage away from my family to work on the bike. Even if it needs nothing, I want to take something apart and put back together. It is a bonding thing.
And the bike is always grateful, won't tell you that you've screwed something up (even when you did), and it could care less how many beers you've had since you entered the garage...:joke:

·
Registered
85 Posts
No winter storage for me

No winter storage for me...I'll ride my 9 at least twice every month and will start it at least once a week in my garage...

·
Registered
132 Posts
hmmm....women don't get it. I'll give ya most don't but here's my thing; why a tent; some good high winds like we had here yesterday could rip the tent apart and snow on top of it if you get any this year like VA did last year. and not to mention freezing rain.........just my .02

I'd say park it in the house if we didn't have a garage ;)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Am I crazy

Last winter this happened to me......................:joke:

When I got home from work I heard something STRANGE from my shed - It was saying, HELP ME, HELP ME in a muffled tone. (Picture# 1)
As I got closer I heard it louder HELP ME, HELP ME!

Then I opened the shed and there she was my beautiful blue on pearl white LE and I heard her say. Take me out and play with me, take me out and ride me you big handsome stud you! (Picture# 2)

I said, but I can't the grounds covered with snow. She replied, just the driveway. If you get me to the street it'll be ok. Then you can mount me and ride me like we did last year, you know you want to. I declined and to my suprise I heard my baby say. Well, then be that way and you can just go and kiss my big fat tire! (Picture# 3)

In dismay as I closed the shed I promised that I would ride her soon. I thought I heard her crying as I closed the door. (Picture# 4)

I think I need HELP!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
That's awesome man!! :congrats:

·
Registered
450 Posts
And the bike is always grateful, won't tell you that you've screwed something up (eve

And the bike won't care if you ride another bike, cause nothing else is as good.
I walked into the shop today, and there she was, sparkling in the dark. Damn she makes me smile.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Hey the Tent is a cool idea , at least its out of the rain
Guess you Could'nt very well Put the Kids in it for the Winter :D

you've got a good start on the Winter service Schedule :bigthumbsup:

Dont let him fool y'all , He's got a Great Wife

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I must be one of the lucky few because my wife totally gets it!......never thought of a tent for a outdoor bike cover. So much for the kids camping plans! LOL
now thats funny haha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts