M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should I run my V&H big shots with or without baffles? I just took them off and really like the way it sounds. :dontknow:

·
Registered
367 Posts
without the louder the better

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
What other mods do yo have? Also is it running badly? Most of the time you don't need it with just a pipe but maybe if your running it without the baffles then it might be lean.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Mine are well worn in baffled and full throttle they are plenty loud enough....riding it easy they are just mildly loud and throaty. I prefer not to ruin other peoples serenity, while I seek my own. ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
only mods I have are the pipes and K&N drop in filters, I have a pcIII on it right now. I already have a thread started for someone who has the map for this setup. no luck so far.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm a mechanic, so I took my baffles to work and removed them.

I kept the 'muffler section' and reinstalled it with the fibre glass padding.

I ran the bike for 15 mins without the baffles & it's way too loud for me. So by chopping & changing them, I've got a nice deep note without all the harsh noise that is normally though of with a big twin.

I'm sure any good exhaust shop would be able to help you out with the cut up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what I ended up doing was cutting out all the fiberglass packing that is around the baffles. To me that is the perfect sound.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you remove the baffles or the fiber glass, do you need to retune the PCIII?

·
Registered
264 Posts
should I run my V&H big shots with or without baffles? I just took them off and really like the way it sounds. :dontknow:
You should do what you like as long as you can till the "man" takes it away and they all end up sounding like vespas. I like noise too, lets em know I just passed thier cage.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,942 Posts
If you remove the baffles or the fiber glass, do you need to retune the PCIII?
If you just remove the fiberglass packing it doesn't change the flow, so no changes needed. If you remove the baffles the flow will change, so a remapping might be needed for best performance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just took a ride with the packing removed and I didn't like it. taking the baffles out and putting on the Vinnieb map.

·
Registered
31 Posts
just took a ride with the packing removed and I didn't like it. taking the baffles out and putting on the Vinnieb map.
How was the sound without the packing? I like the BigShot's deeper note, but wanted it louder. I am afraid removing the packing or the baffles will make it louder but not the same deeper note...

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
If anyone does take out the baffles please post pictures of the process :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have it setup with the baffles in and packing out. It was way to loud with the baffles out. To take the baffles out of the bigshots just take out the bolt on each baffle and pull. then just cut the packing off. Sounds good that way

1 - 20 of 22 Posts