M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up the violet blue. Drove home 25 miles, (loved it), put it in the garage waiting for the Mrs. to see it. I bought it w/o her knowing it. Even if your not religious, please pray for me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Don't worry... wives are a dime a dozen but these bikes are getting scarce

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
z281982 said:
Just picked up the violet blue. Drove home 25 miles, (loved it), put it in the garage waiting for the Mrs. to see it. I bought it w/o her knowing it. Even if your not religious, please pray for me.
..did you trade something in on it? Is this a full priced purchased/financed thing (or offset from trade in)? Is your life insurance paid up?

Also, I'd just wanna state:
1) you got the biggest pair of @(*#@ I ever heard of and
2) ...really, that ain't no way to stay in a happy marriage for long.
    a) if we could afford it, the wife would never tell me I couldn't buy something, but I'd at least have the courtesy to talk
      to her about it first. :eek: ::)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Afford is relative....

When My wife called and asked if she could trade her full time gig for a 4 month job that would pay 1/3 (about $1200 take home) less but
cut her commute way down and improve her quality of life I said yes in a heart beat.

When I said I wanted to spend $150 a month on a bike.... :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: we cant afford it :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Mine is Burple!

G

·
z281982 said:
DEAD MAN TYPING :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Before I got my last bike, I did the husband-ly kind of thing and talked to my wife about it. She thought I was joking around and said, "Sure; Go ahead. Get whatever bike you want!" About a week later she came home from work, opened the garage door, and figured out I wasn't.

She won't make THAT mistake again... :DÂ

Just remember to stay out of arms reach, watch for flying objects and duck and cover! You may need this too:

http://www.proflowers.com/default.aspx?ref=1800PFweb

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have been married for 7 years. I was 7 years without a bike too. Finally I sat her down and told her that she knew who I was when she married me and I had to have a bike. She said cruiser then, so my M109 was born.

Now the week before I did this I told her I could afford one cake and if she didn't like me buying it she could "Go upstairs and cry yourself to sleep in a big bag of money"

That one didn't work quite so well.

She likes it now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
First bike I bought I took my wife to dinner to break the news to her, this one she pushed me to the dealer to get. Wouldn't trade her for the world.
"Live to Ride"

·
Registered
326 Posts
My wife actually pushed me to the dealer as well (and even re-enforced the decision on a call from the dealer), then again she really didn't enjoy the ride on the back of my YZF very much, something about almost falling off and then thinking she was going to slide over my back......
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
one of the many reasons i will never be married. got too damned used to doing whatever i want, whenever i want.

·
Registered
600 Posts
My girlfriend bought mine for me. She stopped by and picked me up on her way to pick up her daughter from school. We were waiting in the parking lot for school to let out when she pulled a $12,000 Cashier's Check out of her purse and asked if I'd like to stop by the Suzuki dealership on the way home. I damned near cried...lol :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
152 Posts
z281982 said:
Better luck in your next life!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Zukii said:
Don't worry... wives are a dime a dozen but these bikes are getting scarce
What a classic line. Nicely said! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Kinda tough for me not to tell my wife in advance.  You see, she's a State Farm agent....and you have to present your insurance info to the dealer upon receipt of the bike.

However.......before we got to that...........I was out golfing one Sunday, beautiful day, bikes everywhere on the way home.  I had bikes for oh, 12 years or so but just happened to get rid of my last just before meeting "she who must be obeyed" (to steal a line from David Feherty).    I came home that day.......told my wife it was about time for me to get myself another bike.  She, being an insurance agent who takes claims for some very nasty things that happen on bikes, wasn't thrilled, to say the least.  So anyway......she knows me, and once I get the bug, it's just a matter of time.

I go online, find dealership info..........finally locate a dealer who has one I can look at.  (all from my desk at work on a Tuesday)  Get home that night, change, and tell her I'll be back later.   She asks......"where you going?"  I tell her I'm going to look at a bike.   She's says........."No you're not"   I say........"Umm, what?" ......and proceed out the door.

As expected, about .000001 mile from my home, my cell phone blows up.  She says, and I quote........"If you buy that bike, I'm leaving!"

My reply?   "It's been nice knowin ya!"  (swear I said exactly that!)

I see the bike, put a deposit on it....(unbeknownst to her, of course), come home and feel things out.  We don't speak the entire evening.

Next day, I let her initiate the conversation.  She asks if I saw the bike, I say......."Oh yeah".   She asks if I liked it.........."Oh yeah"...........You gonna buy it?............"Most definitely"

At that point she stopped fighting, and things have been fine since.   She's got this process she needs to go through, as do most women I suppose.   And then things blow over.  Kinda like the feeling you had when you were in high school and you came in way past kerfew.   You knew the next 10 minutes of you life would suck, but that it would be all gravy after that.........making the aggregious act well worth the pain.

·
Registered
817 Posts
In the space of two years, my GF has gone from being a Certified Bike Hater, to riding with me all over the Midwest, to now riding her very own!

It's been a long process, but worth it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
sledzep01 said:
Afford is relative....

When My wife called and asked if she could trade her full time gig for a 4 month job that would pay 1/3 (about $1200 take home) less but
cut her commute way down and improve her quality of life I said yes in a heart beat.

When I said I wanted to spend $150 a month on a bike.... :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: we cant afford it :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Mine is Burple!
You sure we dont have the same wife. Mine is currently trying to whittle down to no job. She works fewer hours every year. She went from 40 hour weeks down to 20-30 hour weeks this year.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts