M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for it to clear up so I can pick up my new M109. Just wanted to say hi and that I am a new M109(black) owner. Really looking forward on putting alot of miles on her.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome to the board. Read, read, and you will know all you need here. I almost forgot my manners.

Get your rain gear on and pick up your bike.

If you have riding experience, that and the timing retard in the lower gears will keep you safe.

·
Registered
411 Posts
WINGYS109 said:
Waiting for it to clear up so I can pick up my new M109. Just wanted to say hi and that I am a new M109(black) owner. Really looking forward on putting alot of miles on her.
Just want to say welcome to the M109 board. I live in Germany where the M109 is still called the M1800 Intruder (I couldn´t resist telling you that ;)) There are alot of cool people here with a bunch of tips and tricks for the 109. Maybe it will stop raining and then you will have the whole weekend to ride :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just want to say that I did pick up my new bike and I love it! I want to start tricking it ouy asap but I am not very mechanically inclined. If there is anyone around Johnstown Pa. that would like to help me out I would sure appreciate it.(I do pay withh beer and food!!!) Anyways, I just can`t wait to get a good dry day to really test it out.

·
Registered
572 Posts
How well does this bike handle in the rain?

I can assume straight line riding is fairly the same, just have to be more careful taking off... what about at speed... easy to lose grip or does it grip well?

What about cornering in the rain, can you still take a turn fairly fast... or do you have to slow down a lot?

Rather learn from other's experience, then laying her down and learning the hard way, when in the rain...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts