M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some feedback on putting together a ride before the riding season ends for Wisconsin/Midwest riders!! Who's interested?? We need to talk about where to go and when to do it!! Lets see who's interested!!-HELL :evil:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Where in Wisconsin? I'm in the U.P. of ichigsn

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
mrfart said:
The UP...You got a deer catcher on the front of that thing?
In the U.P. he had better have a moose deflector :p ........ they have those 1500lb+ road hazards up there :eek: ........ these are not to be confused with the 2000lb+ road hazard that Lamont got video of ;)

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm in the Marquette, MI area -- but it's not too bad for me to get to Northern Wisconsin (Green Bay), or to the Iron Mountain, Marinette (WI), Escanaba, Ironwood (MI) areas. There are some pretty nice rides up here, but the weather is always a factor (and highly unpredictable).

I haven't seen any moose (on the road) yet, but deer are a constant hazzard, and you have to be willing to modify your rides accordingly (they are nocturnal animals, and are especially active around dusk.) If you're coming here (as opposed to me going there) bring your windshield -- we've got bugs the size of hummingbirds up here.

I am potentially coming down to the Milwaukee area in late September/early October -- but I don't have the exact dates yet. The year before last my boat froze solid, and cracked the block, the week before Thanksgiving, when we had a blizzard, and temps dropped into the single digits - - so let's not drag our feet TOO much.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Im in just let me know when.... Hellrazr Im in your neck of the woods...Literally.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Where are you guys in Wisconsin (it's a big state)!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in the Twin Cities...originally from Jefferson, WI...I'd be in depending on when (school and work keep me pretty busy...wish I would have done the proper school path originally!)

·
Registered
844 Posts
It sounds like Green Bay area may be more-or-less "central". Are there any good rides around there?

Is there an evolving concensus?

What we need is like a map -- with little pushpins in it with our locations, so we can see how we are distributed.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm in Milwaukee, I'm good to go. Green Bay is a good meeting place, plus they have a nice micro brewery up there with some really good beer :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Can we get a "head count"? (Should probably include dates of preference.)

I'm in. (U.P. Michigan)

It would have to be a weekend, but I can get away Friday afternoon. I'm my own boss, so I can adjust my schedule, with advance notice -- I do work some weekends.

This is another topic, BUT, I've been thinking of a trip down to the Blue Ridge Parkway/Skyline Drive (Virgina/N.Carolina) before the snow flies. (Would probably trailer at least part of the way down. Looking at a 3-day (or 3 1/2-day) weekend. Anybodu want to do this? Absolutely fabulous place to ride.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I live in the mid West (STL) but no where near where you guys are riding to or from! How about riding down this way some time?

Chuck

·
Registered
24 Posts
My favorite ride from Green Bay is up through Cecil and then west thru the Reservation. Certainly not a long ride, but I'm sure we could get lost from there somewhere. Door County thru Baileys Harbor up to North Port and back down thru Fish Creek is another good ride and some FANTASTIC sights. Both are 100 +/- rides, but maybe one Sat. and then one Sun. and back for a packer game maybe. It would be great to have a tailgate party with all the bikes. Tickets might be tough, but we have a group that tailgates and watches the games on TV in the back of a truck. Just throwin out some ideas. Home games b4 the snow flies would be Sept. 10 (Bear Game!!!!!!) Sept. 17 Saints, and Oct. 8th against the Rams. All 3 games are Noon starts. Like I said, just gettin the ball rollin a little.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That sounds kinda cool....maybe us southern wisconsin boys can head up to Green Bay...see Lambeau!!(again!!) Then we can head out for some good ole northern wisconsin sites!! Earl...if you wanna plan where we will go from Green Bay, thats cool with me!! Does this sound cool to anyone who wants to ride with us???(GreenBay/North eastern/North Central wisconsin??) Why dont you guys that want to ride e-mail me so I can start a list on who's going....include your name and phone number!! If we are going to do this...we need to get our thumbs outta our asses!! LOL!! Fall/cold is quickly approaching!! WE NEED TO FIGURE WHAT DATES WE WILL DO THIS AS WELL!! OVER NIGHT?? OR JUST A DAY THING?? I say we do an overnight thing and stay at a hotel up there somewhere!! WEEKDAYS?? OR WEEKENDS?? WHAT IS BETTER FOR YOU ALL?? Feel free to mail me or call me!! Lets get this planned!! 414-807-6424(Craig)

If you e-mail me to be added to the list....please also include where you are located!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts