M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I recently purchased new mirrors with integrated turn signals. The led lights have 2 wire connections while our 9s have 3. I figured that I'd have to choose either to use them as running lights or turn signals. I was able to wire them so they blinked and operated as running lights. The blink rate is still fast but not so fast that I can't stand. I'm no electrician so electronic diagrams won't help me so this is for those like me who would be able to go by color or wires.

Like I said LED's ahd 2 wire, positive (red) and negative (white). when you remove the nacelle and stock turn signals you see there are two connectors and 3 wires for each signal. One connector has a green wire going to it and the other connector has a solid black wire and a black wire with a white strip. I cut the connectors off the stock signals so I could use the stock connectors.

You will use two of the stock wires. I just cut and covered the black wire with the white stripe with heat shrink. This wire is not used. The stock green wire connects to the the positive wire on the led, and the stock solid black to the negative on the led. I used the stock connectors but you could splice without using the connectors.

Like the blink rate is faster but not so fast that you can't tell it's blinking. This may be old news to many of you but I figured I'd pass it on to those who can't read electrical diagrams like yours truly.

Ride safe gentleman,

-Michael

·
Registered
145 Posts
After you were done with this wiring job, did you still have both running lites & turnsignal lites working? Or did you just have turn signals lites? That's what I had after changing over. Thanks Jay:dontknow:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
i swapped out the rears for leds but stopped with the front for above reasons...wiring and flash rate??
Here is how it works....

If you change out your fronts, you have no running lights. You can convert it so as to have both. The only difference is that your led's stay on full time as your running light, while the rears are off. When you put your blinkers on, the led's turn off and on, while your back turn on and then off. Basically it just puts your blinkers flash opposite between front and back...no biggy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts