M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone wired flexible LED lights in the front fender on their 9'r?
I'd like to know how you ran the wires up the front end, keeping the
wires hidden as much as possible? Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brake lines

Already thought of that.....I'm running braided brake lines, and want to keep them looking good.........

·
Registered
180 Posts
LEDS

I RAN MINE UP THE LEFT BREAK LINE .NOT THAT I HAVE A RIGHT LINE ANYWAY LOL

·
Radio Active Member
22,664 Posts
Unless you have those new wireless LED's, up the brake lines is about the only choice you have. :D

You can rewire them to use clear covered wires so they don't stand out so much. Speaker wire works well.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i have them inside the front fender. initially i just ran the wires up along with the brake lines. but when i added a second set, i chose to go with a braided wire covers. i bought these and plan on using them when i make the switch to stainless. i bought them here:
http://cableorganizer.com/cable-sleeving/

matches the stainless brake lines very well. sorry no pics right now. after i get some time to detail my bike, i will take some pics and post them.

·
Registered
629 Posts
i have them inside the front fender. initially i just ran the wires up along with the brake lines. but when i added a second set, i chose to go with a braided wire covers. i bought these and plan on using them when i make the switch to stainless. i bought them here:
http://cableorganizer.com/cable-sleeving/

matches the stainless brake lines very well. sorry no pics right now. after i get some time to detail my bike, i will take some pics and post them.
Windycity... which braided wire cover did you buy from this company? They seem to have a few to choose from. Is it bare metal sleeving or does it have a coating on it to prevent it from scratching your bike?

Let me know which one you bought and what you thought of the durability!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts