M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night it snowed 3 inches but that's not the bad part:mad: they put salt down like its going out of style.i wont ride after that unless it rains enough to wash it away. so my season may b over .f ing sad day.but the good thing is, time to fit an paint chin spoiler.:a18: ride safe my friends.:bigthumbsup:pic new rear tire. e-3

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I hear ya! I feel the same way.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Welcome to the winter wonderland, LOL We got 6" 4 days ago all gone now just rain. We got down to 12* one morning.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Oh no sorry to here that.... Was 60 here today and I didn't get to ride :'( was busy this week and didn't get my new tire on and the old one , well is really wore out..... got to get the new one on this week.... before the snow gets here....:eek:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Whats with the salt ???

Did the same thing here the other day...they waste no time with that chit...they always complain about there snow removal budgets going up and up,but first snowflake and they are dumping the salt everywhere....WTF:verymad:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well you can alway trailer it and head south. That's what I plan to do.:joke:

·
Registered
593 Posts
I know winters here, but forecast Monday is supposed to be 50+ degress. Going for short spin before winter mods begin.......:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well now winter is here for sure :mad::eek:24 inch's total and no snow plow down street. in lake effect snow.just a little early .for :hot:who can ride ride safe

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I feel for you guys! Here in N.Georgia we might get 2-3 inches a couple times during winter. I don't see how you guys make it through til Spring!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
well now winter is here for sure :mad::eek:24 inch's total and no snow plow down street. in lake effect snow.just a little early .for :hot:who can ride ride safe
Lake effect snow belt people are screwed........but then it's snowmobile time so at least you can still ride!!!! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Yep. I BEAT the snow this year. The Mustang and the two bikes are now all snug as a bug in my 50 degree garage, battery tenders attached. Looks like a hospital for sick machines on life support. :bigthumbsup:

Sucks!!!

I even got the snowblower and leaf blower ready to rock to hopefully not blow ANY snow at all. So far, just a dusting to 1/2", but it caused a lot of wrecks. Gonna be COLD the next two weeks at least.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I feel for you guys! Here in N.Georgia we might get 2-3 inches a couple times during winter. I don't see how you guys make it through til Spring!
Very hard, Cabin fever is real:eek:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Looks to be the same here. This week the temps are barely in the 40's and next week the high's are in the mid 30's. :'(

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
plow hasn't been by yet. drive way cleared for now still snowing bout half inch a hour to one inch.bike in air on jack ,time to fit an paint chin spoiler.in the next couple sad:mad: no riding months.:edit: here's some pics. last night and this morning at 8 picnic table is how much snow has fallen.no wind no drifting 5 miles north 4 inchs of snow has fallen.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Holy Chit! That's freaking Psycho!!!! It's like your on a different planet than the rest of us now! Talk about killing your inner biker. :eek:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Eastcoast fellas do have it tough. You folks get a ton of snow in the winter. I am from the middle of Canada and here we have to deal with bitter cold and snow. The amount of snow is not the issue typically, it's the extreme cold. -20 to -40 degrees is very common...from November to March.
There will be many days that temp. and windchill combined, feels like -50+...
Why am I living here again...?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Why am I living here again...?
:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Coldest I ever been was when we had a windchill of -48F degrees in Mid-Michigan in one of the coldest Decembers on record back in 1994. Actual air temperature was -18 degrees. We were house shopping that day :eek:. I specifically remember that day and how my exposed hands were completely numb just walking from the car up to the door of the house. It was insane. Why I didn't have gloves on is still unknown. :joke:

Not sure what's worse, 3' of snow or -40 degrees...........I don't miss either AT ALL!

Then in 2005 I flew to Lake Tahoe to snowboard. Never been there before. Middle of February, sunny, beautiful, tons of good snow, no clouds, no wind, almost 50 degrees. Was snowboarding with snowpants and no jacket. It was surreal to a guy who grew up in the Midwest and always froze his azz off when snowboarding up there. It then occurred to me that living in the midwest-northeast- or central Canada is for people who are gluttons for punishment. I mean if you like Ice-Hockey we got that in Atlanta, Raleigh, Tampa Bay & Dallas.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Tinman...Here in Syracuse, we got nothing! I think it's on it's way here next....Hope you get plowed out. FYI...I hate the snow when I want to ride!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts