M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

This is my first season winterizing the 9. Not my first doing a bike though. I have stabil for the tank. I have my battery tender. So my questions are Should I do an oil change/rear end fluid change now or in the spring time? Also how many of you actually keep it in the air on a lift or do u just keep it on the ground. My cbr i lifted in the air for the winter.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Hey all.

This is my first season winterizing the 9. Not my first doing a bike though. I have stabil for the tank. I have my battery tender. So my questions are Should I do an oil change/rear end fluid change now or in the spring time? Also how many of you actually keep it in the air on a lift or do u just keep it on the ground. My cbr i lifted in the air for the winter.
Stabil and tender are the must. As far as the oil, most will tell you to do it. I have never done it before the winter as I always start the bike up every couple of weeks and let it run for 15 minutes. No need to keep the bike in the air as long as you move it around so the tires don't sit in the same place. Another option is if you have any scrap carpet, you can put the tires on that and you will be fine.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Not me buddy

As with last year I plan on taking short rides ALL winter long as the weather permits and if the roads are clear of snow and ice. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ya i searched after i posted. I dont ride during winter, too much salt and sand once the snow falls. I used to but it became a hassle and could not enjoy carving the turns. I am going to get the yellow craftsman jack today to have it in the air and having the fluids done next week.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
ya i searched after i posted. I dont ride during winter, too much salt and sand once the snow falls. I used to but it became a hassle and could not enjoy carving the turns. I am going to get the yellow craftsman jack today to have it in the air and having the fluids done next week.
I am with you, as soon as the first snow falls and they salt the road, I am done for the season. but up till then, lets ride. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
winter, it would be nice, today was 85 and tomorrow will be 90:chillout:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,146 Posts
I bumped a thread for you. There are 30 threads that come up when you type in the tittle of your thread.
What's a tittle? :D :joke:

The only thing I do to mine is to charge the battery once in a while. I have one of the Gbat Odyssey batteries in it and I hook it up to a charger if it sets more than a couple weeks. I usually ride it at least on a short ride every 2 or 3 weeks, so I only change the oil if it's time for a normal change. Depending on how far I get to ride, I might add a little Stabil to it too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts