M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Canada, My family is coming to Davenport in January. Just wondering what attractions ( other than Disney) we should take in? Can anyone suggest the best airboat tour? My kids want to see gators lol. My youngest is 15 and my oldest is married so we are looking for more adult oriented activities.

My girls will want to shop as well so any info on that would be helpful too.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Lone Cabbage will take you to where the St. Johns starts, pretty good tour, it's on 192 near Melbourne. Not far from Davenport.
And I don't think you should leave Fl without seeing the cape. NASA. It's an awesome tour.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My kids enjoyed gator land. I also went on a air boat ride which was very interesting but I can't remember the name of the place. Anyway your canadian you could always go see a tampa bay lighting game.

·
Registered
824 Posts
If your gonna do some traveling while your here, There are some great attractions on the south east coast, Lion Country Safari, Miccosuki Indian Village, they have gator wrestling and some of the biggest alligators you will ever see, some over 23 feet long, that is one of the video's you see where the indian gets his head chomped on by a gator, I think the guys name is Chief Billy.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I agree with cajundog about going on the NASA tour. If you take the 528 east off I 4 towards Cocoa there should be air boat ride places too. Do them both and have fun in FL. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My kids enjoyed gator land. I also went on a air boat ride which was very interesting but I can't remember the name of the place. Anyway your canadian you could always go see a tampa bay lighting game.
Already got our tickets to watch them play Washington on the 12th lol. Six of us can watch the game in florida for less than two of us would pay to watch the leafs play in Toronto.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If your gonna do some traveling while your here, There are some great attractions on the south east coast, Lion Country Safari, Miccosuki Indian Village, they have gator wrestling and some of the biggest alligators you will ever see, some over 23 feet long, that is one of the video's you see where the indian gets his head chomped on by a gator, I think the guys name is Chief Billy.
Now that I would like to see. 23 ft. what a monster. Nasa also sounds like a very interesting trip. Do you know about a fort in St. Augustine? Can't think of the name right now but I really enjoy that kind of thing. Or is it too far to go for a day trip?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Already got our tickets to watch them play Washington on the 12th lol. Six of us can watch the game in florida for less than two of us would pay to watch the leafs play in Toronto.
I hope you get see a good game. There is something to be said when you can go to a hockey game wearing shorts and tee shirt. I've seen philly and the rangers play in tampa. You also get to see the next rising star of the nhl steven stamcos. My son is going to school in montreal and I hope to get tickets there someday the atmosphere is different in montreal and toronto.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Now that I would like to see. 23 ft. what a monster. Nasa also sounds like a very interesting trip. Do you know about a fort in St. Augustine? Can't think of the name right now but I really enjoy that kind of thing. Or is it too far to go for a day trip?
St. Augustine is worth a trip and It's not too far. The fort is easy to find and there is some good shopping in the historical area. This is one of my favorite places to go in Florida.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts