M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had answered another forum question in this regards so I thought I'd add it to this forum as well.

Suzuki states in there newly released Broacher that we here in Canada received in the mail from them it is called Way Of Life a magazine for Suzuki owners 2006 fall/winter edition

there are allot of tips for winter storage a whole page infact it is titled Motorcycle and ATV winter storage

It says; For fuel injection or carburetor equipped models, fill the tank with fuel mixed with the amount of gasoline stabilizer recommended by the manufacture. The stabilizer will prevent the fuel from creating gummy residue during normal winter storage period. For fuel injection models run the engine for a few minutes until the stabilized gasoline fills the fuel injection system.

This is the advice directly from Suzuki

·
Registered
890 Posts
Thanks Biker Chicky...I'll use that on my other Suzuki (800 Intruder)...I'm planning on riding the beast through the winter...baring snow ! Gotta love the desert!

Devilish

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the tip, biker-chicky! I was wondering about this and hadn't got the chance to go through the Owner's Manual... :bigthumbsup:

G

·
I think I also remember reading that Suzuki says to drain the oil and re-fill the crank case all the way up to the fill hole. Then in spring drain and fill to proper level. Also, remove spark plugs and pour a tablespoon of oil into each cylinder and crank the motor over a few times...then re-insert the plugs.(I like to use engine cylinder "fogging" spray....quick and easy and doesnt make a mess!!) They also said that oily rags should be stuffed into the opening of the pipes and the intake ports...to prevent moisture from entering. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi hellrazr72, ya it says that for the 4-stroke cycle models, I don't think that is necessary if the bikes are in a garage, maybe if we were parking them outside with the boat in the snow.

G

·
Yes...I'm not looking forward to the withdrawls this winter!! Actually....those storage steps that I listed are right out of my M109R owners manual!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts