M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - been absent from the forums for a while, mostly due to laziness.

I'm thinking of picking up a second 109 - a black one instead of my current silver ride. But since it's the dead of winter, and NOBODY around here buys bikes this time of year....I'm wanting a killer deal or I probably will pass.

Found a black 109 with some basic modifications, 2007 w/19k. Current owner is asking $5500 - I'm just checking in with those 'in the know' where they think the market is at these days for used 109's.

From the last time I was in the market, admittedly a year and a half ago, this would be a ridiculously low price. However, I know the recession has been brutal to prices for the non-essential toys like these...

Thanks!
-Steve

·
Registered
735 Posts

I'm thinking of picking up a second 109 - a black one instead of my current silver ride. But since it's the dead of winter, and NOBODY around here buys bikes this time of year....I'm wanting a killer deal or I probably will pass.

Found a black 109 with some basic modifications, 2007 w/19k. Current owner is asking $5500 - I'm just checking in with those 'in the know' where they think the market is at these days for used 109's.

From the last time I was in the market, admittedly a year and a half ago, this would be a ridiculously low price. However, I know the recession has been brutal to prices for the non-essential toys like these...

Thanks!
-Steve
Very few have ever said I was in the know but that seems like a good price to me a non problematic bike. But who am I. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts

Thanks!
-Steve
That is a great price, what are you waiting for? I know I would not sell mine for that.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Sounds like you got REALLY LUCKY and found someone that was down on his luck and just needed to get rid of it.
Hardly luck, I shopped like mad until I found a guy who would rather actually sell his bike rather than have it for sale at what he would have liked to believe it was worth.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm surprised to see how much the market has dropped on these things! - that red one listed on the forum is a few hours from me.

I really didn't think you could pick them up for that cheap - if the market is really at these prices already, then I'll just live with having only 1 m109 for the time being (poor me)...I was mostly interested in the local 109 since I thought these still were selling for $7k or so, and I could deal with an extra bike, or maybe switching to black instead of my current silver one. Thanks for the info folks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm seeing plenty under 7 now... Which is what I paid for my 9 with 6000 mi and a few extras about a month ago.

Previous owner did baby it, it was immaculate!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Prices

There is currently only one under $7k on Ebay and that one is a salvage. Anything that low has high mileage. I have been looking for an orange 9 for a couple of months now (craigslist, ebay, cycletrader) . I would have went used if I would have found an adult driven low miler at a decent price but no such luck. For me, I would rather pay the extra bucks and go new. This way, no headaches. I am actually picking my new 08 leftover next week. Paid $9800 out the door which I considered a good price for new. I passed on a 3K mile 07 LE $7K even (love the blue also) because the seller just didn't seem right to me. Not to mention the photo of the back of his bike had the back tire omitted. Leads me to believe it had no treads. Leads me to further believe this seller liked to light up the pavement. I am sure there are great deals out there and heck for 5.5K, go for it. I will be looking for a used C109 after I recoup from this purchase...:) good luck with your purchase. Peter.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Come on, I bet you have some mad negotiation skills. :evil:
I may not say 'mad skills', but negotiation is part of my job so I am well practiced at it.;)

There is currently only one under $7k on Ebay and that one is a salvage. Anything that low has high mileage. I have been looking for an orange 9 for a couple of months now (craigslist, ebay, cycletrader) . I would have went used if I would have found an adult driven low miler at a decent price but no such luck. For me, I would rather pay the extra bucks and go new. This way, no headaches. I am actually picking my new 08 leftover next week. Paid $9800 out the door which I considered a good price for new. I passed on a 3K mile 07 LE $7K even (love the blue also) because the seller just didn't seem right to me. Not to mention the photo of the back of his bike had the back tire omitted. Leads me to believe it had no treads. Leads me to further believe this seller liked to light up the pavement. I am sure there are great deals out there and heck for 5.5K, go for it. I will be looking for a used C109 after I recoup from this purchase...:) good luck with your purchase. Peter.
Look at the completed listings and you will see that very few of those bikes sell. Asking price is not a good measure of value. Look to ones actually sold.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I have 50,000 on my 07 red and would never sell it for that price. Its running to good. I got a 08 orange up on blocks with 5,000 and would never sell that one either.

That is a good price. Grab now. Or lose out. Some one will grab it for that...I know i would if i didn't have two already.

[email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts