1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things Are TOO Quiet !!

Did Every one Get married or Sell there Bike :dontknow:

My winter Mods are in the Planning stage ,

1 paint , Some how i have to salvage the Bananna Tins into something less comical

2 Mount some Additional Pegs

3 find New Risers

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I think the eCONomy has slowed folks down all the way around. And your list of mods sounds doable LOL Good luck with them, Look forward to some pics......

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
hope you find a nice custom paint that you can live with.... :a18: I say GO black with carbon fiber LE stripes... :bigthumbsup: Maybe a little ghost flames..... ;)

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
As usual, I've got more stuff to do than I'll ever get done.

Either do some custom paint or at least put a good clear coat on it. I'm starting to get too many scuffed areas on the side of the tank.

Install that darn Audiovox cruise control I've had for almost 2 years now.

Stick on a few LED's.

Drill holes in my polished risers. Or some sort of design.

Make another, more permanent mounting bracket for my pipes.

Work some more on my "low cost fork tube covers", or polish the forks.

There's other stuff but I can't remember them. I'll figure it out when I open up a box that has something I forgot getting. :D

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
As usual, I've got more stuff to do than I'll ever get done.

Either do some custom paint or at least put a good clear coat on it. I'm starting to get too many scuffed areas on the side of the tank.

Install that darn Audiovox cruise control I've had for almost 2 years now.

Stick on a few LED's.

Drill holes in my polished risers. Or some sort of design.

Make another, more permanent mounting bracket for my pipes.

Work some more on my "low cost fork tube covers", or polish the forks.

There's other stuff but I can't remember them. I'll figure it out when I open up a box that has something I forgot getting. :D
OHHHHHH This is a post OUR mods thread, OK

Well If i have anything left after the 22nd, I am going to start shopping for some pipes,,,,,,,,,,,,

One thing i would really like to do is get the 3 degree triple trees and stick the front out a lil more, i think that looks pretty sweet.. Maybe polish some parts like you have done zoomer..........

·
Registered
472 Posts
Things Are TOO Quiet !!

Did Every one Get married or Sell there Bike :dontknow:

My winter Mods are in the Planning stage ,

1 paint , Some how i have to salvage the Bananna Tins into something less comical

2 Mount some Additional Pegs

3 find New Risers
get them dipped in chrome...

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chrome!! chrome!! chrome!! and then more chrome!!! :drool:
Dude You Have Very Hot Nine !?!?! The Only thing you havent Chromed is the KEY !??!?!? :joke:

and Diggy!!! I thought the Leg was Healed up ! Whats The hold Up !?!!?

Zoom Ill Give you a pass Because you May well Be the Most busy Guy here

I know of a Few Others in the Richmond area guys that Have some Major Mods Happenin ,,,,,,

Guess we Will Have to wait and See ,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
860 Posts
Paint tins, powder coat rims, big air, fuel management, clutch replacement - over 40,000 miles on the original, new clutch cable - the last one broke at 24K, and any other repair necessary while it's torn down. A BIG thanks to OOINK for volunteering his time and labor to assist. He likes to be paid in coffee and desserts.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Not doing as many mods as I wanted. I'm doing the chrome chin spoiler, irate customs grill, cobra solo rack, and maybe some chrome switch housings, and some pegs. Does FF's hoodie count as a mod:dontknow:

·
Registered
852 Posts
and Diggy!!! I thought the Leg was Healed up ! Whats The hold Up !?!!?
Lazy, and just havent had the time to do anything yet. I DID put those mirrors on though :D Wife has been out of town, so I've been playing the single dad role for about a month - that **** is tough!!! Be glad when the wife comes home next Friday

AND, unless I get some supervision, my bike will be in pieces and I'd never figure out how to get it back in order

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ok Ooinkk, was going to wait until all is complete, but here is what I am having done...

Painted Chin spoiler
Irate radiator grille
Chrome brake calipers
Chrome triple trees
Polished rotors
Chrome rotor bolts
Powdercoated forks
Powdercoated Engine Guards
Front/Rear wheel caps
Gregg's side mount license plate holder
New front blinkers
Adding black stripe over white stripe

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OHHHHHH This is a post OUR mods thread, OK

Well If i have anything left after the 22nd, I am going to start shopping for some pipes,,,,,,,,,,,,

One thing i would really like to do is get the 3 degree triple trees and stick the front out a lil more, i think that looks pretty sweet.. Maybe polish some parts like you have done zoomer..........
I have always wanted to do the Rake thing , i have heard you need to Go with a larger front wheel (21)to keep the trail angle in tolerance ,I would love to hear if its REALLY necessary

Paint tins, powder coat rims, big air, fuel management, clutch replacement - over 40,000 miles on the original, new clutch cable - the last one broke at 24K, and any other repair necessary while it's torn down. A BIG thanks to OOINK for volunteering his time and labor to assist. He likes to be paid in coffee and desserts.
I was Just Letting you know the Things you need to Have ready TO get this Done ,Coffee is a Necessity

Not doing as many mods as I wanted. I'm doing the chrome chin spoiler, irate customs grill, cobra solo rack, and maybe some chrome switch housings, and some pegs. Does FF's hoodie count as a mod:dontknow:
Thats A nice list ! I Have been Drooling over the Chin spoiler my self
The Cobra Rack is the only one that I would get
and yes a FF hoodie DOES Count !!:bigthumbsup:

Lazy, and just havent had the time to do anything yet. I DID put those mirrors on though :D Wife has been out of town, so I've been playing the single dad role for about a month - that **** is tough!!! Be glad when the wife comes home next Friday

AND, unless I get some supervision, my bike will be in pieces and I'd never figure out how to get it back in order
you have A bunch of guys up there that are always happy to help ,I know of Two myself ,
If I can help over the Phone ,I think i sent you my number, Give me a Call :bigthumbsup:

Ok Ooinkk, was going to wait until all is complete, but here is what I am having done...

Painted Chin spoiler
Irate radiator grille
Chrome brake calipers
Chrome triple trees
Polished rotors
Chrome rotor bolts
Powdercoated forks
Powdercoated Engine Guards
Front/Rear wheel caps
Gregg's side mount license plate holder
New front blinkers
Adding black stripe over white stripe
your One Sick Puppy ,,,,,

Wish I could Watch ,,, :D

does that make me weird :joke:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey Ooinkk
I'm still riding I go year round if possible no time for mods. Although I just received my grip mittens in black to help keep my hands warm so I guess that's a mod. Picked them up from Bass Pro Shops they are for ATV owners but will work on the Nine as well. :D

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm good, low speed dump. Just the typical soreness from slamming flat into the pavement haha =).

It was about 27 degrees out and I guess my tires were frozen - The rear end slipped out like I was riding on butter. Barely got on it too =). I'm sure that wouldn't have happened with a fat 250 rear :D

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I hope you look better than your ride ???

Between this and your helmet it looked pretty bad
Im glad you are still with us ,Sort of ,,,,,,

1 - 20 of 53 Posts