M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is very hard for me to believe that I was riding my bike on November 14th. It was a beautiful sunny day south of Calgary with temps in the mid teens. Man I think that was one of the best rides I had all year. Maybe because it was the last or maybe because old man winter hit us like a hammer. Anyway I am going to miss the rubber to pavement thing.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
It is very hard for me to believe that I was riding my bike on November 14th. It was a beautiful sunny day south of Calgary with temps in the mid teens. Man I think that was one of the best rides I had all year. Maybe because it was the last or maybe because old man winter hit us like a hammer. Anyway I am going to miss the rubber to pavement thing.
Yeah,,,,,,,,,and it heading this way, They say a duezy this winter,Like 08

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Winter hit hard

I feel your pain....same here caught 2 nice days last week and had that last ride feeling...it really cooled off....warming up a little monday but looks like rain...that could be it..im glad i got the dock,lifts,boat and jetski out this week..all winterized and put away...all that's left is the 9...they salted the roads north of Newmarket twice already so the time and space is running out... :'( Mod season is fast approaching.....Much snow up in the mountains yet?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mountain snow

I feel your pain....same here caught 2 nice days last week and had that last ride feeling...it really cooled off....warming up a little monday but looks like rain...that could be it..im glad i got the dock,lifts,boat and jetski out this week..all winterized and put away...all that's left is the 9...they salted the roads north of Newmarket twice already so the time and space is running out... :'( Mod season is fast approaching.....Much snow up in the mountains yet?
Ya we are getting the snow. I can't wait to strap on the boards and cook down the mountain. It is very much like riding my bike for me. Here is a link to my favorite resort. http://www.skilouise.com/conditions/snow-report.php

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't feel alone anyway.We have about 1 inch of snow on the ground and the wind is cold today. Also looking forward to sking . My son left for university in Montreal so I guess I will be sking mount saint anne when I stop in to vist him.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Ya we are getting the snow. I can't wait to strap on the boards and cook down the mountain. It is very much like riding my bike for me. Here is a link to my favorite resort. http://www.skilouise.com/conditions/snow-report.php
I hear you Borg Man, don't know how i would get through winter without my board.....lake louise looks awesome...funny i have a cousin who lives and works there,has for about 20 years,and he's always trying to get me to visit..say's it's one of the nicest ski resorts on the planet....will definitely get out there one day....I'm heading to Big White in Kelowna in FEB ,and can't wait...taking all six kids...should be a blast.....Never been down a real mountain before,Just the little hills of Ontario....i am STOKED :evil:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big White

I hear you Borg Man, don't know how i would get through winter without my board.....lake louise looks awesome...funny i have a cousin who lives and works there,has for about 20 years,and he's always trying to get me to visit..say's it's one of the nicest ski resorts on the planet....will definitely get out there one day....I'm heading to big White in Kelowna...in FEB and can't wait...taking all six kids...should be a blast.....Never been down a real mountain before,Just the little hills of Ontario....i am STOKED :evil:
You are going to love this mountain. It gets lots and lots and lots of snow. This is a great resort. Have fun man. Did you say six kids. Dude you must make buckets of money to take six kids to Kelowna. Or maybe you have been saving for years.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Unfortunately its the later, LOL....Thats why i have never boarded on a man-size mountain....We buy a family pass for 900 each year,usually its for a family of four,but they let us slide....I think that's changing this year too,will have to pay for two extra...I bought a weeks accommodation at Big White at a charity auction this past winter for a good price or it would never be happening....just the flights are killing me...It will be a trip of a lifetime for us,we are very exited..!! We have never been out west and are looking forwards to boarding and seeing the other side of this great country of our's

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Stavros, you will love the big mountain skiing. Once you have tried it, you will have a hard time going back to the little hills.

Blue mountain is the only half decent sized hill in ontario, and at 720 ft vert. elevation, even that is tiny compared to the Quebec mountains at 2400, anything out west, or in the US.(vail 3400 vert ft., 11,500 ft above sea level, etc). I skied that, and I can tell you its crazy!

My son is also chomping at the bit to get snowboarding, while i stick to skiing. This old dog has no desire to learn any new tricks at the moment, lol! (plus, I just got some bitchin' new ski boots near the end of last season too that I want to put some time on)

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Hills of ontario

Hey Chris that's what I'm afraid of,not wanting to board the little hills of Ontario ...that's why I took up boarding when the kids started...a new challenge and I found the Ontario hills a little mundane for skis...they seemed to double in size on the snowboard ...a tough learning curve for us old dogs...two concussions a strained meniscus ,and re aggravated my old rotator cuff injury...but it was worth it,I absolutely love boarding and it's still fun on the smaller hills we have here...last winter was my first injury free boarding season...going for two in a row..!!:bigthumbsup::2excited:

cheers Stav

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Hey Chris that's what I'm afraid of,not wanting to board the little hills of Ontario ...that's why I took up boarding when the kids started...a new challenge and I found the Ontario hills a little mundane for skis...they seemed to double in size on the snowboard ...a tough learning curve for us old dogs...two concussions a strained meniscus ,and re aggravated my old rotator cuff injury...but it was worth it,I absolutely love boarding and it's still fun on the smaller hills we have here...last winter was my first injury free boarding season...going for two in a row..!!:bigthumbsup::2excited:

cheers Stav
Yeah, it's true that you don't need such a big hill for snowboarding, which is great for ontarians. My son has a seasons pass for Lakeridege, which he loves, but its only 300 feet vertical (i think they are stretching that number just a bit). Maybe 240 is a better number. A great deal for $220 for the entire season!

I only ski Blue mountain now. Everything else is just too boring. Gotta drive to quebec now to hit some good hills. Mt Tremblant or Mt Ste. Annes are good destinations, but 6 hours drive time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts