·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
This is what I had

It's the Hellcat and fit the bike like a glove.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hey slvr9r did you paint the inside or outside of your windshield,have the same one and was going to paint it but wasnt sure which side to paint.thanks

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
The one on my bike is a zuk sport shield, Makes a nice hole for me to go through but doesn't take away from the 9 too much........

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
My V-Stream touring in the light tint. It's actually very close to clear. I modified it to only use the upper mounting bracket. The lower mount is directly to the headlight bucket, which raises the rear up more and lowers the front.

·
Registered
327 Posts
thanks... i always liked how the V stream dark tint touring shield blend in with the blk 9's.. so i wanted a shield that blend in with my slvr9. for now its vynyl wasnt sure @ 1st how it would look, but will paint it later on. probably the inside so the paint is protected from the road chips...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Another vote for the V-stream touring. Rode to Vegas last month (300mi) at 90-95 mph, no worries. It blocks enough wind to make the ride enjoyable without losing the feeling you are on a bike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
now it's just right

My V-Stream touring in the light tint. It's actually very close to clear. I modified it to only use the upper mounting bracket. The lower mount is directly to the headlight bucket, which raises the rear up more and lowers the front.

I got the same result by elongating the top holes in the shield .Works just fine and I'm 5'11,Have to thank Squarerounder for really doing it ,he's GREAT at that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I personally just didn't like the look of either so I went with the "Shooter" by Memphis Shades...

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
80 and 90 MPH! I have an idea that will save you 100'S and 100's of dollars. So DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.Saves Gas
2.Saves on tires
3.Saves on tickets
4.Saves on Insurance
5.Saves you on a shield
6.And saves your strenth
7.Saves RISK as well:duck:

And for that advice I only charge $50.00, which is Peauts as to what I just saved you! So send your check made payable to TORQ in SouthWestern New Hampshire:bigthumbsup: And remember, were all here to help My Brother:p

·
Registered
262 Posts
Vstream Touring here...

Pics are not that great but here a few from different angles.

I love it, but I'm curious about the others...
The Hellcat looks good & I'm wondering if it throws the air over your head, since it looks taller the the Vstream... I'm 6 foot & have the gel seats and I've positioned the Vstream to it's highest point & I still feel a little wind at the top of my head with out a helmet, with helmet works great...

Slvr9...
That Vinyl looks awesome...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just purchased a NEW R2. Took it out for it's first ride this weekend (200 miles). I am in need of a shield, considering the amount of wind hitting my chest. As I am 5'7" which would be the best shield to purchase, V-Stream sport or touring?

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts