M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
gval said:
Take that ugly thing off before the bike gets embarrassed and wont run any more.
:a20: :a20: :a20:
Im sorry
I have no pride
but it keeps me.....from not frezzen in the morning
If I can figure out how to take a video of riding thru a fog bank when its dark....I just might get some respect :joke: :doorag:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Got one coming from Rifle Fairings. Should be here in a couple of days ......can't wait....they offer a sheild made especially for the 109 and it's a quick detach also. Never thought I'd be doing the windshield thing but let me tell ya at 85 90 mph.....that wind is a killer :eek:

·
Registered
311 Posts
You said it bro.....classy....nicest one I've seen......should have mine Tuesday.....will post pics if I ever figure out how.

·
Registered
844 Posts
The Rifle does look good. If you're looking for other options, do a search under "windshield", "shield" etc. There was a ton of dialog on this topic a few months back.

There WERE a couple that did NOT work well.

From experience the Mephis Shades "Shooter" is pretty darn good -- but I think the Rifle may top it in performance (but Rifle costs more).

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys on the input .How about post those pics of that rifle shield when you can.I really want to see it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
i just put the "rifle"on today.great hardware.great engineering. it was like trying to assemble a skeleton.
results:super sleek,conforms to fork angle.looks as good as a shield can.fully adjustable and instantly removable,(2)allen screws.the weather was bad so no high speed test.70mph was stable,quiet and functional.i'll give it a 98 % :hot: :hot: :hot: :a18: :#1: :hot: :hot: :hot:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yep Rifle is the way to go check out these pics Had mine up to 220kph indicated yesterday with half face helmet & no shades on. No problem

G

·
109guy said:
hey has anyone put a windshield on their 109 and if so how well do they work
I just received my 109 with the factory touring windshield. Deflects the wind well. However the top of the windshield is level with my eyes. Based on slight head movement I am looking through the windshield or just over it. It is a fine piece of plastic, optically clean so at least the distortion is minimal. Cannot figure outo
how to attach a photo or I would show you the windshield.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Allot of guys set the windshied up so you do just look over the top edge! It makes a BIG difference it you get caught in rain,you can look over the shield,and still see. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
898 Posts
nice pics !   :bigthumbsup:

where r u guys ordering from?  rifle directly or though someone else?

khrome

·
Registered
974 Posts
Im using a Slipstream Spitfire 06 windshield you need to add the 1 and 1/4 inch adaptor to the order if you try it part numbers..

Clear shield ...62393
Tinted shield...62395
Adaptor needed..86740

I think shield/adaptor/ shipping puts it around 80 Bucks it works good and is fast removeable as well.

http://www.accwhse.com/slipstre.htm#Windshields

I dont have pics currently of my bike with the shield on but here is a link to Grants bike a guy on another site that told me about it and uses the same shield.. (bike painted in pics also done by Vtxoak)..

http://www.m109owners.com/cafe/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=87601

·
Registered
192 Posts
I got mine direct from www.rifle.com they made it to order and shipped to NZ all in 15days including freight time. Awsome service well packed.
Cheers
Phil

G

·
the rifle looks ok but angled like you want, it seems you have to be a big mofo to look over the shield, is that accurate?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Easy to remove the Rifle just loosen two allen cap screws and lift off spiggots. This lesves the screen position set for replacement because the handlebar hardware is still there without the stauntions.
I am 6ft and I have the screen so that normal riding position I look through the screen but if I need to I can sit up an bit and see over . This is good at night if its raining.
Cheers
Phil

1 - 20 of 20 Posts