M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Vstream helps with wind across your torso but will still be very windy/noisy at the helmet. I had bought and installed, top of forks, and was still windy. I then got a deflector and it helped but looked kinda goofy so removed both and rode for a bit like that until i got tired again and re-installed just the vstream. I plan to figure out a solution so that the bottom brackets can be raised to the top of the forks and then use some new brackets that ill need to fabricate to attach the top holes of the windshield to the handlebars. That im sure will be a good solution as the vstream just needs a few extra inches to be ideal.

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,959 Posts
The Vstream helps with wind across your torso but will still be very windy/noisy at the helmet. I had bought and installed, top of forks, and was still windy. I then got a deflector and it helped but looked kinda goofy so removed both and rode for a bit like that until i got tired again and re-installed just the vstream. I plan to figure out a solution so that the bottom brackets can be raised to the top of the forks and then use some new brackets that ill need to fabricate to attach the top holes of the windshield to the handlebars. That im sure will be a good solution as the vstream just needs a few extra inches to be ideal.
Original post is from the owner of the "C"109...
I am not sure Vstream will fit C109... :unsure:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a vstream that extra holes were drilled into it to raise it up for a tall rider. Also helmet makes a huge difference. Some helmets are designed for windsreens.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're right thevili - I think he should sell the C and buy an M to suit new windscreen... :ROFLMAO:
but seriously, I don't know about fit on the C...sorry...
Nope. Aint happening. No way the C leaves! I found a monster bike that, I'm sure, will outrun most (from a light, anyhow) with less than 2,000 miles and I paid $5300? There's no way I'm bitch-slapping Lady Luck! She doesn't like it and she CAN go elsewhere, no problem .)

Thing that worries me, long-term, is there's only 1 company that makes rear tires now... Push comes to shove, I can probably use a slightly larger tire, like a 60r16. Maybe I should have done that this time. It would correct the speedo error...

I think I've found a set of big, ugly crash bars. Cobra. So big I think I can put highway pegs inside the bars, instead of sticking out. If I can find pegs with clamps that are that large. Eventually, Brutus (her name) is going to tip over. She's really heavy and all that needs to happen is I put my foot on some sand, coming to a stop. I'll look for rear bars too - doubt I'll find those. On close examination I see she has fallen over before - passenger foot peg was bent. My crowbar fixed that :)

I don't ride hogs. I don't like them - never mind the fact I got bored with them, 30 years ago - they're all the same, with a few details changed over the centuries - lol. I am NOT a herd animal. I am me. I do what I like! I have never felt, even once, a motivation to be just like the rest.

My C is stone, (!)ing beautiful! Brutus expresses who I am like nothing else ever has. An INDIVIDUAL, with a strong identity and the guts, to defy the herd. A little wax and chrome polish made me see her beauty... and my own! A unique guy, on a unique bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts