M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2009 M109R and I need a windshield that offers protection from the wind and flows well with the lines of the bike. It's also important that the installation is clean and the shield does not vibrate and shake at highway speeds. What do you recommend?? This site is fantastic, more information than a shop manual !! Thanks!!!!! STEVE

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Have a 2009 M109R and I need a windshield that offers protection from the wind and flows well with the lines of the bike. It's also important that the installation is clean and the shield does not vibrate and shake at highway speeds. What do you recommend?? This site is fantastic, more information than a shop manual !! Thanks!!!!! STEVE
If you are a tall big guy like me, This will be my next shield.

http://www.rifle.com/stores/showdetl.cfm?&DID=9&Product_ID=2352&CATID=195&Product=SoloShield_X%28tm%29_for_Suzuki_M-109

If you are under 6' and want da flowwwwwwww LOL Try this one.

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/n...eld-m109r-06up-tour-light-tinted-p-16913.html

This is the one I have now. Bought it used for $80, almost $400 new , Would never pay that much for something so small LOL

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6260&str=290

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Nemo !! I'm 5-11" like the look of the Rifle and the clean install over the headlight bucket.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Thanks Nemo !! I'm 5-11" like the look of the Rifle and the clean install over the headlight bucket.
I added a third one in the last post, and at 5'11" any of these will work fine for keeping the wind buffet out of your face. :welcome: to our humble abode!!!!!!1

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have the Vstream Touring and Ilove it. I can (and often do) ride 80+ all day long with no arm fatigue. If you ask me the bike looks better with the V-Stream.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am 6' 4" 265lbs. 34 inseam. I am a new member and did some research in this sight/forum and ended up with a Rifle tall windshield. (I just saw a picture of it on this thread.) It has almost unlimited adjustments. loosen 2 set screws and it slips off the mounts that you install on the handle bars. Apparently no readjustments when you put it back on. After installing the windshield I have taken it for a test ride 2 times and this is what I have found: #1 test run I had the shield at its highest adjustment and so I was looking through the windshield continually and at around 70 mph it shimmied-enough to make me feel nausea coming on. #2 test ride So I lowered it a little and moved it a little so I would be looking over the windshield (nausea gone now). Some turbulance at my head now. Have not been able to ride/adjust anymore yet. As far as forming to the lines of the bike there are better ones but not practical for tall people from what I have read. Different note: I was looking for a drivers back rest in these forums and found something to look made by "grasshoperlimited" hope this helps.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
I have the V-Stream Touring in light tint too. It's on my bike in both my sig pics but you can hardly see it. It looks good and works well at most speeds. Depending on the adjustment, it works better at higher speeds than it does a mid speeds.

:welcome: to both Steve and kearl6. :D

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I am 6' 4" 265lbs. 34 inseam. I am a new member and did some research in this sight/forum and ended up with a Rifle tall windshield. (I just saw a picture of it on this thread.) It has almost unlimited adjustments. loosen 2 set screws and it slips off the mounts that you install on the handle bars. Apparently no readjustments when you put it back on. After installing the windshield I have taken it for a test ride 2 times and this is what I have found: #1 test run I had the shield at its highest adjustment and so I was looking through the windshield continually and at around 70 mph it shimmied-enough to make me feel nausea coming on. #2 test ride So I lowered it a little and moved it a little so I would be looking over the windshield (nausea gone now). Some turbulance at my head now. Have not been able to ride/adjust anymore yet. As far as forming to the lines of the bike there are better ones but not practical for tall people from what I have read. Different note: I was looking for a drivers back rest in these forums and found something to look made by "grasshoperlimited" hope this helps.
Hi kearl6 and :welcome:What part of WA are ya from?

·
Registered
927 Posts
were the same size and I also have the rifle...burned a tank of gas adjusting it....there is a sweet spot...just gotta ride till you find it. Ive found that I can just see over it and I get less shimmy. Only get it when I have full face helmet on with the windshield. With half helmet its smooth sailing I can take my glasses off while doing 65 and it feels like I just put the window down in my car. Raising it too high will give too much wind from underneath the shield. In my experience I think getting lowers is the truly best way to have a truly comfy ride with this shield with someone our size.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the Vstream Touring and Ilove it. I can (and often do) ride 80+ all day long with no arm fatigue. If you ask me the bike looks better with the V-Stream.
:agree::agree: :congrats:&:welcome:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
MOSES LAKE which is about in the center of the state. Just got my 9 the end of last summer and love it.
Sweet, another 9er in wa, We will have to take a ride next summer...Pleased to meet ya.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
This is a Memphis Shades "The Shooter" model, avail in different heights different gradients of color
Is that your bike?? nice........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts