M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I rode from Knoxville, TN to Lake City Florida, FL. That was a ride of slightly over 500 miles. I put the Shooter windshield back on the bike as that is the one that I like the best.

Once I got south of Atlanta I started to feel warm as the shield was keeping the air off of me. So when I stopped for gas I took the Shooter off and strapped it to my bag. It was cooler for a while but then I starting hitting that hot air that is just hot and riding on a bike at 80+ mph doesn’t make it any cooler. It brought back my memories of our ride to Sturgis last year when we hit the same kind of hot air going west across South Dakota.

I did a lot of thinking about windshields and here is what I decided:

1. It’s a personal choice
2. The choice also is determined by how long the ride is
3. And by how the weather is

Personally the moving air doesn’t bother me with or without a windshield. I prefer to be as cool as possible. I also realized that after testing all three windshields that they all seem the same to me. I am not after still air.

So do what is best for you to make your ride the way you want it. No one can argue with your choice.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Thanks for all your responses concerning the windshields... I am still curious about the classic duece...

khrome

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hal - how would you rate the Hell Cat vs. the Shooter?

Will you be listing the HC and Demon on your site soon?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All of the three styles do a good job. I really think its a personal decision where you have to balance performance with style.

I am headed home now. And should make it to South Florida tomorrow. I will add all of the info late tomorrow after I get home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts